Thread: Rockler selling Festool

Rockler selling Festool

Looks like Rockler is back to selling Festool again. I was never clear on why they stopped in the first place.

https://www.rockler.com/shop-by-bran...a2%3A1&linkID=

Seems like Festool has had a real push to acquire additional sales outlets the last 3-4 years.
    Lee Valley carries them now and Woodcraft has for some time. I see them a lot of places that I didn't previously. I dont own any, but most of it I've put hands on seemed like nice stuff. I still drool over their router table when I come across one.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

There are very few "exclusive or even semi-exclusive" products in markets today. They begin that way to gain some favor and promotion from a particular company and then with market penetration "every sale at every opportunity" drives the company, largely due to access to everything on the internet. Distributor and dealer margins drop and there is very little to be gained from stocking and promoting a line. Turn and burn on the inventory front is what drives the distributor while trying to make a buck on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    Looks like Rockler is back to selling Festool again. I was never clear on why they stopped in the first place.

https://www.rockler.com/shop-by-bran...a2%3A1&linkID=
    I heard they were selling Festool products below Festool price points which violated Festool rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    Comments in the Festool Owners forum seem to say that there were pricing policy violations, but I have no way of knowing that is true or not.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    My local Rockler manager said corporate said they took up too much footprint for the returns. This is a manager talking to a customer so add a grain of salt.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I was a consultant for them within the last year, and asked them about it. Jim is correct, there was some form of special sale or discount that one Rockler store manager ran. Festool found out, and they apparently have a zero tolerance approach.