Thread: Latex not drying. Tried twice

Latex not drying. Tried twice

On another project the latex semigloss dried as expected. On this project I used a soy based stripper and I thought maybe I didn't do a good job of ceaning off the stirpper. So the second try it again does not dry. Would it be a good idea to use zinnser sealer after sanding off the not drying coat of paint. I did a thin basecoat so I expect removal to be easy.

Blog Entries
    How old is the paint?

I would try some of the paint on another piece of wood and see if it sets up there.

How warm is the place where you are painting. Latex paint takes forever to dry in a cold space.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I did contribute and thanks for the reminder. Well worth a donation.

The paint was HGTV Semigloss interior from Lowes. Made and labeled Sherwin-Williams and purchased ten days ago. Consumer Reports test placed this paint at top of the list.
    It killed me to paint over Honduras Mahognany, however, this was for my granddaughter and I was out voted by whole family. I am kind of sick with the issue and painting over the beautiful wood.