Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aigner extension tables?

Blog Entries

Aigner extension tables?

I'm looking to pick a few of these with a number of rails to mount them on various machines. Does anyone have a good source to order from. Scott Sargent in the UK has then for what seems like a good price, but once shipping is factored in it's not as great.

Martin USA or Simantech are the suppliers in the USA that I know of.

Have a look at the Felder tables....

I have a couple of the short ones, and a longer one with the leg, use them on the saw, shaper, jointer..Rod
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 04-19-2020 at 11:03 AM.

https://www.elektrowerkzeug-shop.de/...ne/a-12442278/

Shipping to Eastern US is generally pretty reasonable from these guys. Very pleased with their service.

I have one Jared and I'm not sure I would recommend it. It was not as well built as I was expecting.
    https://shorturl.at/mRTU3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brent stanley View Post
    I have one Jared and I'm not sure I would recommend it. It was not as well built as I was expecting.
    That's disappointing. Anything specific about it lacking or just overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    That's disappointing. Anything specific about it lacking or just overall?
    They're aluminium and mine came packaged poorly enough that it was mushroomed up on most corners and a few other places. This isn't anything inherently wrong with the device of course but I had to spend a long time flattening it out so it was actually flat....though see below. But if you tap the important plane against anything steel or cast iron it will deform and need filing down so you dont have a high and/or friction point. If it were made of steel or cast iron it wouldn't be portable of course so it's probably required but just so you know.

There's no dampening system on the leg at all, so it will swing as fast as gravity will take it and since there's no bumper at the end of its movement, it will deform what it runs into. It also doesn't have a lock for the stored/folded position so you always have to mind it when moving around. It does "lock" down though there's a ton of slop in that position. Mine is also not flat. Where the hook piece joins the main body of the table, there is a significant stair step where they need to be perfectly coplanar. Not a big deal if you are just using it for extending your bandsaw table or for an outfeed table for processing plywood or something, but if you want it for a jointer table extension or a shaper extension, it's a problem. It's tack welded together and they used a little too much heat in a few places and deformed the material. I may have gotten a lemon of course but I can send pics if you like.

It is very light and I think they could have made it from beefier material and incorporated some more features and it would still be very portable.

Our experience is the opposite of Brents. Both are flat enough to use on any machine. We use it on shaper infeed/outfeed/side, jointer infeed/outfeed, bandsaw infeed/outfeed/side. You can also add the circle jig and shaper stops for added uses. They're light, strong, and easily adjusted. Brent's right about no lock in the up position, but that hasn't been an issue for us.

I too quite like the Aigner tables. I use mine on the outfeed of my saw/shaper the most, but I have mounts for extensions on the J/P as well as the bandsaw. They are not as stiff as steel, but they are nice and light.

whats the landed cost with shipping and all

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    whats the landed cost with shipping and all
    About $260 each if you buy 2 from Scott Sargent, with $90 of that being shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Shipton View Post
    I too quite like the Aigner tables. I use mine on the outfeed of my saw/shaper the most, but I have mounts for extensions on the J/P as well as the bandsaw. They are not as stiff as steel, but they are nice and light.
    That's my only complaint with the Felder extensions, they're a box aluminum extrusion with T slots, they are pretty heavy at 24 pounds.

https://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-U...port-foot.html

Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    That's my only complaint with the Felder extensions, they're a box aluminum extrusion with T slots, they are pretty heavy at 24 pounds.

https://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-U...port-foot.html

Regards, Rod.
    Rod are those levelling screws countersunk into the machine end of the extension table? if so that would be a very nice feature.

I can't see on there where it says how long those tables are.

I’ve used mine for 20 years with no issues. I’ve not used the Felder ones but they seem a heavier build. One thing I’ve noticed on Aigner extensions, mine and all I have seen have a slight bump on the leg ends that I think is caused by the welding. It’s not enough to have caused any issues even when used on the jointer. For the price I don’t expect jointer tables.
    the leg locks in the down position and they are made to hang from the top when stored. I’ve not had issues with the height adjustment but a adjusting leveler on the bottom of the foot could be nice.

1B12E604-5514-4A6D-8D00-08AD2213C095.jpg
    F5DAD77D-F701-4CC6-BC3C-1FBFC69ABC22.jpg
    5AB34849-5D9C-458B-BED5-A3F12993E38B.jpg

I also felt simular mostly with regard to the bum form the weld. I too expected more. But now in use for a number of years I gotta say I love them. And that bump doesn’t matter a crap as joe said even on the jointer.

I have the Felder one for the infeed of my jointer as the design of the machine requires you use a Felder table. It is much more heavy but honestly I see that as disadvantage and prefer the lighter build of the Aigner. Both have what is the equivalent of a kipp lever to tighten the adjustment related to height. I have in both on a few occasions when working with a very heavy piece of material had the leg slip. But honestly this was only because I didn’t tighten it enough.

The Felder unit does have a series of set screws and bits built into it so you can adjust it exactly for coplanar and height relative to your machine. This however is useless in the case of the Felder table as due to the flimsy leg the table twists along its length and the height at the table junctures ends up affected. Nothing’s perfect except maybe Martins built in extension tables. And even then the one on my jointer is not actually 100% perfect but it’s totally good enough to joint a board and it’s intended purpose. But it’s toattly not perfect. Yeah can you believe that, I couldnt! But some of this stuff you just gotta get over and get to work.

I’m actually gonna have a extension or outfeed table for my t75 out of 80/20 using and or adoption it to mount on a aigner mounting rail. Honestly the singer tables are very well thought out at least imop.. could they be a bit more beefy I suppose but how much do you really want to spend on them.