Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aigner extension tables?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    I also felt simular mostly with regard to the bum form the weld. I too expected more. But now in use for a number of years I gotta say I love them. And that bump doesn’t matter a crap as joe said even on the jointer.

I have the Felder one for the infeed of my jointer as the design of the machine requires you use a Felder table. It is much more heavy but honestly I see that as disadvantage and prefer the lighter build of the Aigner. Both have what is the equivalent of a kipp lever to tighten the adjustment related to height. I have in both on a few occasions when working with a very heavy piece of material had the leg slip. But honestly this was only because I didn’t tighten it enough.

The Felder unit does have a series of set screws and bits built into it so you can adjust it exactly for coplanar and height relative to your machine. This however is useless in the case of the Felder table as due to the flimsy leg the table twists along its length and the height at the table junctures ends up affected. Nothing’s perfect except maybe Martins built in extension tables. And even then the one on my jointer is not actually 100% perfect but it’s totally good enough to joint a board and it’s intended purpose. But it’s toattly not perfect. Yeah can you believe that, I couldnt! But some of this stuff you just gotta get over and get to work.

I’m actually gonna have a extension or outfeed table for my t75 out of 80/20 using and or adoption it to mount on a aigner mounting rail. Honestly the singer tables are very well thought out at least imop.. could they be a bit more beefy I suppose but how much do you really want to spend on them.
    Mine has the little bump where the foot is welded on too, but that's never presented a problem in practice. The little stair step in mine causes some drag against rough stock and is a pain.

Bummer about the Felder table twisting though. Does it lock onto the machine rail like the Aigner ones do?
    https://shorturl.at/mRTU3

Quote Originally Posted by brent stanley View Post
    Rod are those leveling screws countersunk into the machine end of the extension table? if so that would be a very nice feature.

I can't see on there where it says how long those tables are.
    That's interesting, because the first (leftmost) picture shows no such screw(s).

I will be receiving a short extension table (w/o support leg) with my A3-41, and I seem to recall seeing the installation/setup instructions for these. It is my understanding that the position of the mounting rail is adjusted during installation such that the extension table is even with the machine table.

The primary use for my short extension table will probably be on the planer outfeed, since the bed height is constantly adjusted for each pass. But I purchased the mounting rails (not included with the extension table) for both jointer outfeed and planer outfeed (same part#). The jointer infeed already has the same mounting rail, to which the front of the fence is attached (if the fence is far enough back, an extension table can be used there also).

-- Andy - Arlington TX

Quote Originally Posted by Andy D Jones View Post
    That's interesting, because the first (leftmost) picture shows no such screw(s).

-- Andy - Arlington TX
    I noticed that too!
    https://shorturl.at/mRTU3

Nah totally different as it girth’s a round bar.

I can get a picture later if you like..

Quote Originally Posted by brent stanley View Post
    Mine has the little bump where the foot is welded on too, but that's never presented a problem in practice. The little stair step in mine causes some drag against rough stock and is a pain.

Bummer about the Felder table twisting though. Does it lock onto the machine rail like the Aigner ones do?

I have the Felder short extension, permanently mounted on the outfeed of the planer and use the longer extension, where needed, on my Jointer.

I used to have one of the shorts like that on my old Felder shaper. It was actually pretty nice being all the adjustments and that it lacked the support leg as it didn’t need it being only like 12-18” long. Have one on the outfeed of my Felder planer and it’s very very very nice. Heads and shoulders over the Aigner. Not so much imop of their other extension tables. Wish all felders extension tables were as nice as the planer one as I’d have a shop full of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    I have the Felder short extension, permanently mounted on the outfeed of the planer and use the longer extension, where needed, on my Jointer.

The Felders and Hammers are beefier and come in various widths and lengths, which is kind of nice, but I used the Aigners for years back in the Italian days and would have zero hesitation about recommending them. I've never had a complaint about the Hammer or Felder units, BTW.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep