Thread: Ted's Woodworking Plans good value or not

Ted's Woodworking Plans good value or not

I am looking for plans to build a hope chest and came across the ad for Ted's Woodworking plans. Wondering if it is a good value. Current price is $67.00 Anyone have any experience or advice on this product.

Thanks

Jon

Ol Ted is a spammer, a scammer and thief, he's ripped off many people's plans for resale, including some of mine I've heard. Read what's on Google then decide for yourself!
    https://www.google.com/search?channe...dworking+Plans
    WoodsShop

BBB did not give him a good rating. I think I will pass. Do my own design or purchase something from another source. Any recommendations for good hope chest designs?

Jon

Paul Sellers makes a blanket chest that I like. He has a bunch of drawings and videos of project builds. I think his paid site to access them is $15/month. You can watch the intro video for free.

all of his stuff is geared toward hand tool work, so if you are using machines there would be a lot you’d need to figure out, but I like looking through his projects just for ideas even if I’m not building exactly from his plans.

Search the archives here, there are plenty of projects that fit your needs. You might find one that the owner will share their drawings.

Lee Valley has plans for several hope chest plans at 1/3 cost of teds.