Thread: Walker Turner 1100 Drill Press

Angry Walker Turner 1100 Drill Press

I have a Walker Turner 1100 Drill Press with Power Feed that I am doing a complete tear down and restoration. For the most part the the tear down has gone
    fine with exception of removing the Feed Pinion (Part number HD80). After removing the Return Spring Housing and Spring, I thought I would be able to remove
    the Feed pinion and power feed intact. However with using an excessive amount of force (Bigger Hammer) the feed pinion has not budged.

The way I read the schematics of the feed pinion and power feed, i dont see anything that should be preventing an easy removal of the pinion feed and intact power feed.

Am I missing something - Do I need to completely disassemble the power feed in order to remove the feed pinion?

Thanks - Tom

diagram link? what size is that 15 or 20, rough date. I know it is before 1955 but a pre war, post war.

Is this the one? looks like it should pull off either with or without the pinion.
    Bill D.

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=1162

It has been a few years since I took my Walker Turner apart so I'm not sure but the spindle may have to come out first. Disclaimer, mine does not have a power feed.