Thread: Having Log in Problems With Archived Pages

Blog Entries

Having Log in Problems With Archived Pages

In trying to view some posts from 2013 the page is requesting me to log in. When viewing more current pages I am already logged in.

The archived page will not accept my log in information.

The page giving me a problem is > https://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?211786

Not sure if other archived pages are having a problem.

It may be others are having a similar problem. My first attempt was to send a PM to Keith and found his mailbox is full.

Thanks for any help,

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    This problem seems to have been fixed during a read of the pages.

It is kind of a strange experience to see that happen as it happens.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    It did the same thing for me, but I could see all the photos and posts even though I wasn't supposedly signed in. The other thing I noted was that when I first went to the linked post it showed there were several pages of posts. However, as I scrolled down the page it changed the view automatically to my preferred viewing format and the pages went away.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 04-17-2020 at 2:03 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Jim the link to the archived spokeshave thread was "on" www.sawmillcreek.org. The main page and current pages are all "on" sawmillcreek.org. (Usually a server is configured so these are synonyms, but I guess it doesn't have to be that way.)

Anyway, following the www. link, I wasn't logged in. Deleting the "www." and reloading got me to the page with my login and formatting preferences.

David is correct. I'm not sure what happened, possibly a software bug.
    The first picture in the post looks like it a dead link.
    If anyone finds other instances where the page link is incorrect please let me know.