Thread: New Forum Software?

New Forum Software?

I thought I recalled from last year (or maybe 2018) that there was a plan to move the creek to a newer forum platform. Is that still in the works?

Keith's most recent comments on it confirm it's still the plan but the timing is still in flux because of time availability for Aaron. I'm sure that the current disruption to "normal" isn't helping with this, too, given Aaron is a university professor and things are a bit, um...different...in that environment right now with pretty much a total swing to teaching remotely. Professor Dr. SWMBO has had to completely redesign her classes in a very short period of time to cope with that, for example.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to more modern forum software. Pic posting auto-rotation being one thing I'm eagerly awaiting. I don't post much, but having to mess with any image taken in landscape orientation to make it post correctly means I post photos even less.

What platform are we moving to BTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post
    Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to more modern forum software. Pic posting auto-rotation being one thing I'm eagerly awaiting. I don't post much, but having to mess with any image taken in landscape orientation to make it post correctly means I post photos even less.

What platform are we moving to BTW?
    Xenforo is the plan of record.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...