Thread: pen parts

pen parts

Does anyone know if there are places that sell just the parts for different pens as well pen kits?
    Wally

You could try Exotic Blanks, but I don't know of any company that sells parts. I suggest you ask here in case someone scrapped a kit that you need parts for. https://www.exoticblanks.com

Trying to save some bucks by buying parts in bulk vice assembled pen kits? I've searched, and I came to the conclusion that no one does, or we would all be doing just that. Buying 50 of each part....... I'm sure "they" already thought of that too and no one does it for that reason.
    I think if you just need one pen part, you would have to buy a kit or break up a kit for that part. Good side of that is now you have parts for the other parts of a pen. I keep spare parts in a ziplock. Don't forget to keep track of the type of kit those stray parts are from.
    Craft supplies sells different pen clips, to change around your basic pen to say a golf (clip) pen, flag pen or rifle pen etc.

If you do find a parts source I would love to know about it. Depending, of course on the parts quality. I've found some pretty unreliable cheap pen kit sources, and the flip side to buying cheap parts is, cheap parts.

There is or was a place that sold individual parts as well as kits. I think they were mostly PennState or similar parts. I have not ordered from them in a few years, but will look through my paperwork and see if I can come up with a name for you.

Google cameup with this site which seems to have parts for several standard kits.
    http://penkits.biz/index.php?main_pa...snhnpoblohive4

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Williams View Post
    Google cameup with this site which seems to have parts for several standard kits.
    http://penkits.biz/index.php?main_pa...snhnpoblohive4
    Thank you!
    Did a quick look. They don't seem to list the clips as a part, and that's the trick many of the other kit places do. Sell almost all of the parts, make it hard for us to save a few bucks. This place does sell the transmissions, which is what I usually seem to need.
    Thanks again!

Are you just looking for clips?

Here are two sites:

http://penkits.biz/index.php?main_pa...l34lua5aibc496

https://www.penblanks.ca
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I'm not specifically looking for clips. What I'm trying to do is save me some money, and more importantly, plastic. As strange as that may seem. When I buy pen kits, say 30. Each of those kits have parts in 4 or 5 smaller plastic bags. Why, I have no clue. So I end up with 120+ small plastic bags that get thrown out. The kit plastic bags I can re-purpose.......
    So, if I can buy 30 of this and that I'll have 5 or 6 plastic bags of parts vice tossing out 120 little bags. Maybe save me a couple dollars. Even if it didn't save me any money, I'd do it just to not have to throw away plastic bags. Just a little pet peeve that has been bugging me for years.
    Sorry for the long winded lame story. lol

Thanks you guys, I only needed one part for a cigar pen , i guess i lost,and didn't think i would be able to find it anyway.Wally

@Kyle, I dont like all the plastic either. All the grocery stores around here have bins for recycling plastic shopping bags. I've been assuming that the little bags parts come in could be put in that stream, but thinking about it now, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    @Kyle, I dont like all the plastic either. All the grocery stores around here have bins for recycling plastic shopping bags. I've been assuming that the little bags parts come in could be put in that stream, but thinking about it now, I'm not sure.
    Thanks for the reminder! You are correct. I usually dump it into the "recycle" bin. Sometimes it forget and it goes in the trash. I'm still not wanting to "waste" all that plastic. Plus, now there's no one to take our recycles, and the place that used to, whom shall remain nameless, I'm not sure they "recycled" the stuff and weren't just burying it. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know where our recycles go.......