Thread: Keepking Busy

Keepking Busy

With much more time at home we have lots of shop time. So far so good but with many of our suppliers closed up we are running short of supplies.

Today I started painting a set of dining chairs prior to assembly. Looking thru my paint cabinet I decided to use up some old paint before it dried up. So the first coat is hot pink! They can always be repainted so this is fun.

I have a fair supply of wood etc so with some planning I can take on a couple more projects.

Yea, suppliers are all closed here except the 'borg and I don't buy material from them. My current new main benchtop project is utilizing 100% of material from my inventory including off-cuts from slabs and boards I've had for a decade and a half that were just waiting for a project.

This really is a good time to use up scraps and materials that are taking up space, including finishes that invariably will degrade further over time. 'Kinda a clean up and out without actually throwing stuff in the trash. That's always a good thing, especially with the trash systems overburdened right now from the greater part of the population being at home full time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I hoped to use this "time off" to woodwork BUT I'm in S California and I almost always woodwork outdoors and, except for about 3 days, it has been cold and rainy and I'm stuck in front of the TV and REALLY bored! How's that for a run-on sentence?