This is a dust canister that replaces the dust canister which is included with most palm sanders and the like. It comes with four rubber adaptors for various size dust ports, and is easy to empty. $20

Anybody used one yet? Just wondering how well they work. There is a short video on the web site, which shows it being used on various sanders.

For me, it's not the sanders, it's my Makita track saw I am interested in. I have the cordless model, and it is nice to not have the cord to manage. I try to do most cuts outside without the vac hose, and that is wonderful.

If I could use the dust canister, I could cut indoors when I have to without the vac hose. The saw really throws the sawdust out the port, which makes me think this dust canister would give me a lot of freedom making cuts.

This would be worth it, even if I had to dump the canister after each cut, which seems really fast and easy. I'm gonna get one.

PS: One point:

I did a couple dado's last night using the dust port on my compact DeWalt router. It has the dust collection attachment on it, which worked great with a shop vac, but it is obvious to me that the Rockler unit would not work on the router, because it does not throw the dust out, it needs to be sucked out with the vac.