Thread: Workstation

Workstation

I can't do much hand tool work so I sold my big traditional workbench. I decided to replace it with something that is easily moved around but still allowed for clamping. I built two basic shop carts & added top with the Festool pattern of holes along with some t-track. I had a twin screw vice that I put at one end. I am going to use it for a while before deciding what to do with the space underneath.

Each cart is 44" x 30" x 38" high. I spent time getting bother carts the same height so that I could clamp them together. The 20mm holes were laid out at the same time so it is one continuous pattern across both carts. I purchased two Festool clamps as my first green tools.

Workstation - April 9, 2020.jpg

Hope that everyone is healthy

That's a really nice setup, Frank! Looks sturdy and ready to work hard.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looks real handy, wondering if it will move around too easily, or do you have a way to lock it down in place?

The casters are the kind that lock both the movement and the swivel. I used them on other project and they do a great job of preventing movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    Looks real handy, wondering if it will move around too easily, or do you have a way to lock it down in place?

Frank, I use the double locking casters on a number of things in my shop successfully including my auxillary bench. While there may be enough movement that it would detract from "heavy hand tool" use, for many of us, including in your situation, I don't see an issue at all. When these casters are locked down, they are pretty darn locked down as long as they are quality products. I think it was a good choice for your application.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...