Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prime Shipping

Prime Shipping

I've had Amazon Prime for many years. I have received a mail from them explaining how due to Covid-19 shipments may be late due to them prioritizing critical needs deliveries.

OK - I'm fine with this, but, Tuesday I ordered a Prime item and delivery was show for a week later. Then when reviewing the screen I see for $3.99 I can get 2-day delivery.

Mike

Welcome to 3 weeks ago Mike.

I've made a couple of orders from Amazon during the isolation and received the same warning about delayed delivery. Both shipments arrived a day earlier than originally promised. I'm not sure how they prioritize, but one of the shipments was for a router bit. Didn't seem high priority to anyone but me.

Blog Entries
    Even with Prime, many items have always had an extra cost option for even quicker delivery. I can accept that in the present situation there will be added delays for everything.

Maybe my post wasn't clear. I can live with the delay if it is due to prioritising deliveries to say medical, first responders, lack of staff, etc. but if they can increase my priority above others if I give them more cash - that's not in the spirit of the time we are currently living in!

Nope,

It isn’t..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    Maybe my post wasn't clear. I can live with the delay if it is due to prioritising deliveries to say medical, first responders, lack of staff, etc. but if they can increase my priority above others if I give them more cash - that's not in the spirit of the time we are currently living in!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    I don't think it is the way you are interpreting it. You're assuming that the $3.99 2 day ship item will really deliver in 2 days. I think the delivery schedule disclaimer applies to all posted shipping on the site. If you're skeptical, try adding the item to your cart with the $3.99 shipping and once you proceed to the checkout process, see what delivery date it promises.

I can get everything I need from mcmaster carr the next day, don't need no stinking amazon.

Amazon is likely charging the extra $4 to cover the cost of outside shipping. $4 is barely 1st class postage these days. Almost everything I've ordered the past month- phone batteries, dog treats, scotchbrite pads, Q-tips, AA batteries, TP, coffee filters, silly putty, hot tub chemicals, etc etc, has taken 4 days plus, none of it has been next or 2-day shipping. None has had the $4 day faster delivery option either. They offered slower, but not faster
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Agreed. I bet the $4 is to pay for the additional shipping cost of more trucks and overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Tough audience.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Tough audience.
    Not everyone is a news junkie. I'd almost be willing to bet at least 5% of the US population doesn't even know there's a pandemic going on...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I can get everything I need from mcmaster carr the next day, don't need no stinking amazon.
    Yeah, but MC's prices on coffee filters really suck.

I've bought a lot of stuff from MC over the years, but I'm not sure any of it qualified as a "necessity".
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

My dogs are old and have health problems. I have some supplements that help ones heart condition and another's hip displasia on a recurring shipment on amazon. they have delayed my recurring shipment for over a month. but we got our ranch dressing and no trespassing signs right away.

my point I guess, is you just don't know all the time what is "needed" for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Yeah, but MC's prices on coffee filters really suck.

I've bought a lot of stuff from MC over the years, but I'm not sure any of it qualified as a "necessity".
    They have TP, disinfecting wipes, feminine hygiene products, and hardware. Seems essential