Thread: Biesemeyer T Square guard

Biesemeyer T Square guard

I was given a T Square biesemeyer overarm guard with everything but the plexiglass guard and dust port. The parts to restore the guard total over $ 300. Is it worth the investment?

Robert,

Can you attach photos of what you have? I think i had one of those biesemeyer guards on a cabinet saw i flipped awhile back. I cant remember, ive had many variations over the years. Brett, Biesemeyer, delta had the uniguard. They are all similar. Are you just missing the telescoping brackets and polycarbonate blade shroud? If so, something like this generic shroud could be retrofitted, i bet.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/T...UaAmwxEALw_wcB

$300 will buy you a new guard, let alone a few parts.

This item does not have dust collection.

Here's what the Biesemeyer guard looks like when it's complete. It sure appears that the $30 PSI hood shown in Patrick's link could easily be modified.
    I like mine, BTW. IMG_2291.jpg

It's relatively easy to make one using .25" Lexan and solvent. (Don't use plexiglass...it can shatter)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

How would you put a dust mort on it?

Quote Originally Posted by robert patrick View Post
    How would you put a dust mort on it?
    Easy...the same solvent or just screws to attach a commercial port. This is how I did a custom hood for a UniGuard many years ago.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sorry I did not look closely as it does have a dust. I will order one and see if it will work. Thanks for your help.