Thread: Keeping in touch with kids

Keeping in touch with kids

Since most kids are stuck at home for now, we wanted to let the kids in our kindergarten SS class know we were thinking about them.

I mailed 15, cards each with a picture, bookmark, stickers and personal note in time for Easter. Even with today's Facetime technology, I find young kids LOVE to get mail, I think since they almost never get mail and since a card or printed photo is something they can keep and look at again.

We sent this picture:

missyou_SS_1.jpg

Just an idea, for those who know kids in lock-down.

Walgreens down the street will print the pictures and pass them through the pharmacy drive-up window so you don't have to go inside. (Normal disinfecting applies.)

PS, I shaved the beard for a better fit with the masks/respirators.

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 04-07-2020 at 1:13 PM. Reason: extra word!

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Since most kids are stuck at home for now, we wanted to let the kids in our kindergarten SS class know we were thinking about them.

I mailed 15, cards each with a picture, bookmark, stickers and personal note in time for Easter. Even with today's Facetime technology, I find young kids LOVE to get mail, I think since they almost never get mail and since a card or printed photo is something they can keep and keep look at again.

We sent this picture:

missyou_SS_1.jpg

Just an idea, for those who know kids in lock-down.

Walgreens down the street will print the pictures and pass them through the pharmacy drive-up window so you don't have to go inside. (Normal disinfecting applies.)

PS, I shaved the beard for a better fit with the masks/respirators.

JKJ
    That's very cool of you. My kids are a little older than kindergarten age, but even now, they get incredibly excited to receive their own mail. Great idea.

That's a great idea John!

We have 8 grandkids from ages 34-to-7 and 9 great-grandkids from ages 14-t-3. My wife is currently in California homestudying the 3 youngest grandkids (twin 10yo and their 7yo brother) while I am at home in Idaho taking care of our home and paying bills. The grandkids in CA sent me letters which I keep on the DR table. When I get lonely, I reread those letters and it reminds me why we are separated and doing the thing that is right for our family in this difficult time!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

It's not just kids, but adults also. In our SS class we have a group called "The Tag a Longs." One goes somewhere, the others "tag a long." It's four couples, six widows, and one widower. We try to touch base at least twice a week. On Wednesday night meals at church, we sit together. On Sundays, I make part of the rounds with goodies, usually biscuits. Before CV19, I made the biscuit runs on Saturdays, but because our paper is delivered to our daughters, we have to go to town on Sunday to pick up the paper. Once and done!