Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Websites for Used Woodworking Machinery Sales in 2020?

Carolina Machinery Sales, if you are looking for INDUSTRIAL stuff.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

$5,000 should be plenty of budget for a 16" machine.

Never been the 30 miles to see the store but the adds look good.
    Located in Tracy Ca, near Stockton.

http://www.professionalmachinery.com/default.asp

Bill D

Too small at a four foot cube but, the fed ex flat rate box is a good deal for under 1,400 pounds. A tablesaw would fit but not the fence rails. 130-290 shipping cost. I believe that price includes the gaylord and the pallet.
    Bill D

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping...eight-box.html
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 04-06-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin Brenan View Post
    You say true things. Yea I suppose I should put in my location. SanFran is pretty far (I'm in the Palmdale/Lancaster area)...but that is a good price if tables are flat/parallel. American three-toed, and man those beds look...seasoned. If it wasn't for this whole global health pandemic thing, I might take a drive up there. I'd have to get a VFD (only have single phase) or replace the motor with a 5HP single phase. If it's still around when the quarantine is over, may be worth an extended weekend trip.
    You might at least open the communication now. That posting has been up for a while, so he might get discouraged and disappear before you can drive to check it out. At least if you have his name, and he has yours, you reconnect with him when the endemic passes.

Devin, I sent you a private message about this topic that might interest you.
    Hope you're enjoying the rain up there in the high desert.
    Mark

+1 on Professional Machinery. I’ve been to the place. The stuff that dreams are made of but above my needs and price range. Just now received an email from them about their SCM machines. Definitely worth a look. Btw, the jointer that Jamie references has been on and off Craigslist for at least 6 months and price was recently reduced by $300. Even though it’s 3 phase, in my experience a machine in that price range normally would have been snatched long ago. Ad states “cash only, pick up in person.” Caveat emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Carolina Machinery Sales, if you are looking for INDUSTRIAL stuff.

Erik
    Thanks for the pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Never been the 30 miles to see the store but the adds look good.
    Located in Tracy Ca, near Stockton.

http://www.professionalmachinery.com/default.asp

Bill D
    Thanks, next time I'm up that way I'll be sure to check them out. Looks like they sell new machines from Oliver, Powermatic, and SCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    You might at least open the communication now. That posting has been up for a while, so he might get discouraged and disappear before you can drive to check it out. At least if you have his name, and he has yours, you reconnect with him when the endemic passes.
    Right but at this point, I don't think I'd be worth the seller's time. Out of both fear and responsibility, I'm not going to travel that far until the restrictions are lifted and that looks to be pretty far off. All I could do was say I was 'interested in coming to see it ...maybe...in a month or two after the quarantine if I don't find something else.' If I was the seller, that wouldn't be useful to me. And as others said, that's an awesome price so I'd definitely need to see why it's been listed so long...probably a reason. Cool machine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gibney View Post
    Devin, I sent you a private message about this topic that might interest you.
    Hope you're enjoying the rain up there in the high desert.
    Mark
    Thanks Mark. Yes we'll take it. Hear it's quite rare for these areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Rosenthal View Post
    +1 on Professional Machinery. I’ve been to the place. The stuff that dreams are made of but above my needs and price range. Just now received an email from them about their SCM machines. Definitely worth a look. Btw, the jointer that Jamie references has been on and off Craigslist for at least 6 months and price was recently reduced by $300. Even though it’s 3 phase, in my experience a machine in that price range normally would have been snatched long ago. Ad states “cash only, pick up in person.” Caveat emptor.
    Thanks for the reply. I've never seen the SCM machines but yes would like to at some point. As for the SanFran jointer, yes for sure that'd need a visit and a miscroscope...unfortunately it'll be a long time before I can roam around CA again.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin Brenan View Post
    I would spend up to 5K depending on the size and condition for a 12 to 16 inch old-iron jointer....
    Devin,

Wish you were closer to TN because I'd sell an three old iron woodworking tools for that price. I've got an Oliver 12" Jointer, Oliver 20" Planer, 12/14" Unisaw (very large cabinet saw), and a 10HP 3 Phase converter to run it all for that amount. All in great shape but will need a little restoring (sanding & painting, new belts, check bearings, etc.). Why, because I primarily do woodturning and would really like a SawStop Cabinet Saw to keep my fingers intact when doing flat work.

-Karl

Quote Originally Posted by William Hodge View Post
    Keep in touch with your local machinery dealers. They often list their inventory online.

SearchTempest is pretty good, too.

I just bid in an IRS auction. It was a long wait for one local to me to come up.
    Guess it depends on how you define, "long" and "local". IRS has auctions in Mass and NH regularly. I'd say ay least one or two a month. Not as big as the one that just ended last week, but plenty of equipment gets moved along. If your in the market I'd advise checking at least every other week as they really are fairly frequent..... compared to much of the rest of the country anyway

good luck,
    JeffD

Blog Entries
    I've picked machines up from craigslist, owwm classifieds, fb marketplace, and here on smc. I'm on the irs email distro and will occasionally bid on items there if the auction specific terms are favorable.