Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better brand of digital angle gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    That’s a funny mental image. Seeing a guy tilting his saw blade and staring at his phone.
    I often use my phone's camera as a magnifying glass. Even a few years ago I would have laughed about doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    There's a thread about that...
    Too be honest I don't even know what a "luddite" is so I never read the thread.

Stabila makes one if you want really good. I think it is around $450. I use one of their digital levels often, it's good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hazelwood View Post
    I know they are handy for oddball angles. I can get those angles with a protractor and bevel gauge, though it involves getting down on a knee and squinting, and the digital gauge would eliminate that. It would also be nice to verify 90 and 45 for critical cuts since I have reservations about trusting the stops. My question basically is if you set the blade to 90.0 with digital gauge and then verify with a good square how close is it? Dead on always, dead on sometimes, or never quite on?
    My tilt box is dead on accurate at 90, every time, when double checking the blade against my Starrett square.
    When I bought mine it came with +/- .02 angle accuracy. They’re claiming .05 now.
    I never trust the stops.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Wish I could find mine,brand new in box.May have fell in Black Hole which is my floor