Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-19 strikes Home Depot!

I was at home Depot yesterday around 10 am and no line to get in at all. They were set up to have a line including a number of canopies to shield from the weather.

Blog Entries
    I went to Whataburger and bought three burgers with no issue, the attendant had a mask on. I paid with cash.

Last week, employee of local Lowes tested positive. Unfortunately because of privacy laws, store couldn't tell customers when he/she worked (only his last day,) or in what department. We're trying to limit shopping to once every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    In Ontario, Canada, effective this past saturday, HD is restricted to offering curb side pickup or delivery. Same deal with auto parts stores and pet stores.
    Hi Grant, I tried the order on line bit however I needed the sheet of melamine cut in half. There’s no field in the online order for special instructions or comments so I called the 1-800 number, and waited for half an hour and then hung up.

I then tried texting them on Sunday, received a response Monday, apparently I could place the order on line then phone the store with special instructions.

Tried phoning the store, lines are busy, don’t need that material that much. What a lousy system.

Rod: I've not needed to test my local HD's system, thankfully. I'm sure that they were caught off guard by Ford's new rules. The grocery stores here, at least, have had curb pickup for years, so other than increased demand, they are seeing nothing new. Stores like HD and Canadian Tire are going to need time to get into the game. Since, for many items, their websites aren't worth a damn, they will have a long hard road, I think.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Daily View Post
    Anybody else seeing something similar?
    Not uncommon. Don't you listen to or read the news?

Lowe's today was a case study in cashier protection. Very well done with screen doors fitted with plexiglass sheets between the back-to-back cashier stations and sneeze guards between cashiers and customers with just an opening for payment. The cashiers were not bagging.

From yesterday at the grocery with a few customers masked to today, most customers were masked.

It's sinking in even with very few reported cases in Western North Carolina. As you'd expect here, everyone is very respectful of the distancing etiquette. It's not just about Mt. Biking and Beer in WNC, my adopted home.

I sure miss spending time with my darling granddaughter
    12184998_640028136138852_6755226747007158727_o.jpg

Mine started almost a week ago in Macomb, Michigan. Per the Fire Marshall, it's only 50 people in the store at a time here, not 150.
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

My son is currently working 50 hours a week at HD. I worry a lot. Glad to hear they are at least taking it serious.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Three HD's within 5 miles of my home. The one in the nicer part of town has limits on customers. The other two do not.
    Bil lD