Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-19 strikes Home Depot!

C-19 strikes Home Depot!

Yesterday I went to my local HD to get some parts to fix a leaky water pipe. I was shocked to see people lined up at the main entrance waiting to get inside. It turns out they were told to limit the number of customers by square footage. In this case they were limited to 150.

The employee at the front door was counting and apparently was communicating with somebody who was telling her when customers left the store.

I waited for about 10 minutes to get inside- normally I could’ve been in and out in that time.

Anybody else seeing something similar?

This has been common place for large businesses in my area of Germany for quite a while. Stores are requiring all shoppers to use the store shopping carts, as this forces separation in the checkout lines. Store employees serving as gatekeepers provide freshly sanitized carts to the shoppers as they enter or queue.

They are doing the same thing here with Meijers and Walmart. Wouldn't be surprised if Menards starts doing the same thing.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Yeah here in northeast Ohio the depot near work will be doing it shortly, they already had the signs up yesterday. Luckily I work right next to Depot and Walmart, and can see the parking lots- and work is dead- so if I need to go to either I can watch and go at less busy times

If there are too many people in the plumbing aisle ,you are directed to the garden hoses
    Last edited by Mel Fulks; 04-05-2020 at 1:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    If there are too many people in the plumbing aisle ,you are directed the garden hoses...
    ... for a beating...

Sorry, trying to be funny...

Had a customer Friday tell me he drove to a place 30 miles away to get something he was going to get a Harbor Freight, he said it was faster than waiting, as they were only letting like 5 people in the store at a time, when one came out, one went in...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Yesterday at I went to HD, the lineup was a couple hundred long, spaced 2m apart.

The person near the front had waited more than an hour, I went home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Daily View Post
    Anybody else seeing something similar?
    Yes, saw the same procedure enforced at Lowes Hardware yesterday.

Big hardware stores usually have a section of household products. Did your Home Depot have paper towels?

It seems Home Depot is offering free delivery of online orders over $45.

This was released corporate the other day along with reduced store hours to allow for full sanitization at the end of the day. I want to say HD was closing at like 630pm. Lowes has done similarly but less aggressively. Slight reduction in hours and this morning I had to swing by on the way to the shop and it was on full lockdown protocol, one entrance, one exit, and there were several local health department officials inside in full uniform, walkie talkies, etc.. (oddly they were unmasked).

I think everyone is feeling like this is apex month.

I'm betting soon the stores will require face coverings or masks be worn to enter. With the latest news the store employees will want it that way.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    ... for a beating...

Sorry, trying to be funny...

Had a customer Friday tell me he drove to a place 30 miles away to get something he was going to get a Harbor Freight,
    My guess is Covid19 can likely survive for a year or two in whatever it is that causes the stink in that place. Im guessing every container that comes into the U.S. from this point on has a potential to have a few creepy crawlies impregnated in the cargo/cardboard/stink.

This is normal for box stores that are open as essential businesses and an important step to help shoppers get what they need and still have the opportunity for proper social distancing. Hopefully, they are also enforcing the same on the folks in line waiting...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Soaper View Post
    It seems Home Depot is offering free delivery of online orders over $45.
    Home Depot has offered free shipping at $45 for years on their website. It doesn't help if you need lumber or sheet goods.

A small lumberyard I go to is now offering free delivery to try to keep sales going.

In Ontario, Canada, effective this past saturday, HD is restricted to offering curb side pickup or delivery. Same deal with auto parts stores and pet stores.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON