Thread: Laguna bandsaw value

Laguna bandsaw value

I have a Laguna LT 14 SU bandsaw that I am considering selling in order to upgrade to a larger saw. It has the mobility kit and a bunch of blades including a 3/4” Resaw King. It is in excellent condition and working perfectly. The SU was upgraded to the SUV and that model is still being manufactured.
    But I have no idea what I should ask for my saw which is 17y/o. Can any one help?

Don't know the market in your area, but i gave $650 for one about 5 years ago, plus $50 for the guy to bring it about 40 miles. Made in Bulgaria, still a solid saw. I should have held out for 17" or bigger, but only the ability to really do justice to a wider blade.
    earl

Over the last few months I have sold a Unisaw and seveal 14" BS one of which was for metal cutting all American made. All these tools were completely gone through and upgraded to better than what they were. But I did not get what I felt the value was for this equipment, and I was not looking for retirement prices but what was fair for both seller and buyer. Point being as Earl said it all depends on your area,where I'm at I feel the market was strong at one time but when I sold the market was not that good. But like lot of car dealers always say " Price Sells" So if your looking to sell to offset the cost of what you want which is what I did then I had to lower my expectations. I would set my price and let it ride for while see if you can get any real bites,if your using CL's then be strong my friend. If nothing happens,can one of these upgrades on saw be removed and sold separately? Help lower the cost little and maybe apply to more buyers, in your area. Well like my ole father inlaw always say " You can lower your price but you can't go up" Start out on forums first, then go to your local CL's and CL's in other towns around your area. Price at what you want but have some wiggle room,keep in mind your not going to get what you have into it. For some reason equipment don't seem to go up in value only our property goes up in value

Bulgarian bandsaw???

https://stomana.net/machineseng/22/Bandsaws

Not bad stuff, lots of their parts are sourced from Italy, Germany, France, etc.

Was a bit tricky to adapt to thr 3.9" dust port--even using a Fernco fitting!! Rest is great, including Laguna's ceramic guides.
    edit--can't speak to Bernie's machine, but mine was stock with a Leeson motor--I've always wondered if those were added after import.
    earl
    Last edited by Earl McLain; 04-04-2020 at 2:19 PM.