Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COVID-19 Gripe Threads

Agree....100%!

Jim

Me dear grandad wouldah really appreciated that,

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful song..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    Aye, twas toochin' - - ahhnd Amazin' Grrrrace dune proo-pearrrly....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpUAu54Jzj4

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    Here's another one - satellite imagery is confirming that the Earth is getting a respite from the pollution and environmental stress human beings inflict on it. Parts of the US and the rest of the world are enjoying blue skies and low nitrogen dioxide levels.
    Some paradox, a respiratory virus is helping improve breathing conditions for millions.
    The Korean DMZ and Chernobyl are wildlife paradises. Big whoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    Me dear grandad wouldah really appreciated that,

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful song..
    One more ...
    If you have a Gael in the wood pile, then the Edinburgh Tattoo is a must :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxGyRzbW89Y If this doesn't raise a skin bump or 10, you're already dead.

From the comments on the link: "And on the 8th day God created the Highlander and the devil fled." ...Never better said.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    One more ...
    If you have a Gael in the wood pile, then the Edinburgh Tattoo is a must :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxGyRzbW89Y If this doesn't raise a skin bump or 10, you're already dead.

From the comments on the link: "And on the 8th day God created the Highlander and the devil fled." ...Never better said.
    That was pretty neat Malcolm.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Dockstader View Post
    Let's think about the POSITIVE side of the pandemic. Believe me, there are some.

For instance, has anyone else noticed that the number of robocalls has fallen off DRAMATICALLY! Back in January, we would sometimes get 2 an hour. I was about to throw the phone out the window. But so far this week (Friday, late night) we've only gotten 2 all week. Now both of those were today, so maybe they've figured out a way for their operators to call in from home and then call out. Certainly they couldn't be considered "essential personnel." But COVID-19 has done something that the Federal Government and the FCC in particular have been unable to do. And I for one am grateful.
    I'm afraid they've started back up again. I've had half a dozen in the last 2 days.

It always struck me as odd that, while politics and religion are verboten here, economics is not.
    But for a very large percentage of the population, those three topics have about 90% overlap.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I learned if I am troubled by anything posted here, I don’t read the thread. It’s that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Rod, the same lockdowns could be effecting the robocall centers here in the US too.
    Could well be Ken, I guess we can chalk one good thing up to the pandemic.....Rod.

I think that some of the new FCC rules are beginning to take hold including those concerning spoofing numbers. I got a call recently and there was a message about it being spam and not to answer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I think that some of the new FCC rules are beginning to take hold including those concerning spoofing numbers. I got a call recently and there was a message about it being spam and not to answer.
    I've been getting robo calls for months identified as spam, yet the phone company puts them through anyway.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute