Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Gripe Threads

COVID-19 Gripe Threads

Guys, there’s enough angst in the world right now, and it’s only going to get worse. Do we really need to keep stirring the pot?
    Please lighten up.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Guys, there’s enough angst in the world right now, and it’s only going to get worse. Do we really need to keep stirring the pot?
    Please lighten up.
    Bruce I understand your point of view but I have learned this is a community that shares not only their woodworking expertise ( in a very generous way ), but also their fears, joys and accomplishments. We will start losing forum members to this wicked virus because many of us are 60 & beyond. It is difficult to not get emotional about these issues, but yes, I agree, we should strive for restraint.

Blog Entries
    Please lighten up.

Yeah, that's what Facebook is for. That's also why I don't have a Facebook account. ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Let's think about the POSITIVE side of the pandemic. Believe me, there are some.

For instance, has anyone else noticed that the number of robocalls has fallen off DRAMATICALLY! Back in January, we would sometimes get 2 an hour. I was about to throw the phone out the window. But so far this week (Friday, late night) we've only gotten 2 all week. Now both of those were today, so maybe they've figured out a way for their operators to call in from home and then call out. Certainly they couldn't be considered "essential personnel." But COVID-19 has done something that the Federal Government and the FCC in particular have been unable to do. And I for one am grateful.
    Dave

Nothing is idiot-proof for a sufficiently ingenious idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by David Dockstader View Post
    Let's think about the POSITIVE side of the pandemic. Believe me, there are some.
    Here's another one - satellite imagery is confirming that the Earth is getting a respite from the pollution and environmental stress human beings inflict on it. Parts of the US and the rest of the world are enjoying blue skies and low nitrogen dioxide levels.
    Some paradox, a respiratory virus is helping improve breathing conditions for millions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    Here's another one - satellite imagery is confirming that the Earth is getting a respite from the pollution and environmental stress human beings inflict on it. Parts of the US and the rest of the world are enjoying blue skies and low nitrogen dioxide levels.
    Some paradox, a respiratory virus is helping improve breathing conditions for millions.
    There used to be a baseball metaphor bumper sticker - Nature bats last.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Some good news...

Please lighten up.
    I just saw this on a news feed: Some Good News!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U

I didn't watch the whole thing yet but just skipping through to get a feel for the content made me a little weepy-eyed!

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Yeah, that's what Facebook is for. That's also why I don't have a Facebook account. ;-)

2nd that!!
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Good point Glenn, my feelings exactly.

Hope you and your community are doing well during this...Rod

Probably the big lockdown in Indi shutdown the robocall centers😀

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Probably the big lockdown in Indi shutdown the robocall centers��
    Rod, the same lockdowns could be effecting the robocall centers here in the US too.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I just saw this on a news feed: Some Good News!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U

I didn't watch the whole thing yet but just skipping through to get a feel for the content made me a little weepy-eyed!

JKJ

Thanks John - that was a great vid. And there is this: the 93 year old across the street from me in this little town of 900 folks celebrating a birthday:

_MG_7454.jpg
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Ok so amazing grace made me cry.

And the nurses begging for us to stay home, well that’s what I’m talking about. There are countless people out there putting their asses on line the and the happiness and safety of of their loved ones to make sure we all get through this.

Regardless of where you live “tiny community or not” or if you believe it will be the same for you “or not” some things just deserve respect and a full commitment. I’d say this is one of those things. The least we can do is show some respect and thanks and heed to their requests. Not kinda but fully!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    Ok so amazing grace made me cry.

And the nurses begging for us to stay home, well that’s what I’m talking about. There are countless people out there putting their asses on line the and the happiness and safety of of their loved ones to make sure we all get through this.

Regardless of where you live “tiny community or not” or if you believe it will be the same for you “or not” some things just deserve respect and a full commitment. I’d say this is one of those things. The least we can do is show some respect and thanks and heed to their requests. Not kinda but fully!
    Aye, twas toochin' - - ahhnd Amazin' Grrrrace dune proo-pearrrly....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpUAu54Jzj4

Enjoyed that,thanks for posting. Never liked that tune but the pipes present it in a way that patches up all the blank spots.