Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is sharpening waste down the drain a problem?

I just can't see the problem..?? Why not just dump the water in a bucket or suitable container for starters.... The silt will sink to the bottom in seconds, leaving the water to be drained off, and the leftover slurry to be dealt with suitably... even better if it's left overnight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Halgeir Wold View Post
    I just can't see the problem..?? Why not just dump the water in a bucket or suitable container for starters.... The silt will sink to the bottom in seconds, leaving the water to be drained off, and the leftover slurry to be dealt with suitably... even better if it's left overnight.....
    Dealing with it either way is not an issue, but, if it is safe to just dump down the drain, that is very easy and fast. If I should NOT send it down the drain (sewer), it is easy to deal with, but rather than being done in under a minute, it will take me five. I have NOT been dumping the major stuff down the sewer because it looked thick and heavy. If it seemed like it would be fine, I could save five minutes every time I did a major sharpening session (which honestly is no more than once a month, but closer to once every four months).