Thread: Setting up a new shop, Air Hose Reel Recommendations please

Setting up a new shop, Air Hose Reel Recommendations please

I am setting up a new much larger shop and I need 3 new air hose reels. I've had a Retracta brand reel for a long time, maybe 20 years. It is made from some kind of really tough plastic and and it comes with a swivel wall mount. It comes with a 65 ft 3/8" hose. Other than replacing the o-rings every few years it's flawless. Online people all rave about Reelcraft steel reels. The Reelcraft has a 50 ft 3/8" hose.

Anyone here have strong recommendations on either of those two? Probably going with the Retracta, just waiting on a price from them.

Blog Entries
    I got a Flexzilla hose & retractable reel a couple of years ago. Works well & was not expensive.

The Retracta looks pretty nice. If you're looking at Reelcraft, you might want to look at Coxreels. I have one that's fantastic - I love the controlled recoil.

I got a Harbor Freight one on sale for $60. Rubber hose & strong retraction.

Coxreels are the only reels I can find that are made in the USA if that is important to you.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

Joe, I have 5 Reelcraft reels in my commercial shop, all are going on 20 years old. We replaced the orings in ONE reel a few years ago. The rest are 100% original besides the hoses of course. There are no better reels in my book.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.