Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone know who has N95 resperators in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    Not a reliable news source.
    100% agree. He started another thread with the same link. Geraldo Rivera, really?!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    100% agree. He started another thread with the same link. Geraldo Rivera, really?!
    Jim Acosta . Really , isn't he the one who likes to wrest microphones from women who need them to do their job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grefe View Post
    Hospitals really need single use N95 masks, ... They (hospitals) want something they can, in normal circumstances, throw away after each patient.
    Not true. Most every hospital I know is working on ways to re-sterilize them for reuse, for the same practitioner. There simply aren't enough to go around to be throwing them out unless they get soiled. Which is why we cover over them with a second mask or a face shield to protect the mask (as well as us).
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 04-03-2020 at 8:58 PM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I am not political and don't want to raise any ire. I just wanted to point out the Robert Kraft, the CEO and owner of the New England Patriots, just sent his team airplane to China to bring back 1.2 million masks for the state of Massachusetts' use. I know he gets knocked around in the media, but the guy is truly a philanthropist, and makes a big impact on a lot of peoples' lives in New England. He does all kinds of community support stuff regularly.

Just recognizing somebody with something positive. Thanks Robert Kraft. (From an ex-Bostonian...)\

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    Which these? I'd be interested if non-medical use washable masks were available. Thanks.
    Search for Dust Bee Gone. I really like mine and have had it for a long time. Bought it at Woodcraft. Woodcraft also sells something they list as Anti Microbial Dust Mask Adult, but I have not tried or used one of those.

I have a North P100. I have a set of extra filters. Any idea how often I need to change them if I go out among them? thanks. brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    I have a North P100. I have a set of extra filters. Any idea how often I need to change them if I go out among them? thanks. brian
    My experience with P100 filters is with fine dust and when working with hay which really aggravates my allergies and asthma. They last a LONG time with those applications. For protection from airborne virus contamination I suspect the danger is not with clogged or decreased filtering efficiency but touching the outside of the respirator or mask. I haven't read of any good way to decontaminate filters at home since contamination may be deeper than the surface, the reason they are normally discarded after a single use in the medical field. I don't have an unlimited supply so I rotate what I have so one can sit untouched for some days.

Before removing masks I use hand sanitizer on my protective gloves, remove the mask and put it where it can't be touched accidentally, sanitized the gloves again after touching the mask, then remove the gloves by turning inside-out and discard, then sanitize my hands. Where does the paranoia end?

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    My experience with P100 filters is with fine dust and when working with hay which really aggravates my allergies and asthma. They last a LONG time with those applications. For protection from airborne virus contamination I suspect the danger is not with clogged or decreased filtering efficiency but touching the outside of the respirator or mask. I haven't read of any good way to decontaminate filters at home since contamination may be deeper than the surface, the reason they are normally discarded after a single use in the medical field. I don't have an unlimited supply so I rotate what I have so one can sit untouched for some days.

Before removing masks I use hand sanitizer on my protective gloves, remove the mask and put it where it can't be touched accidentally, sanitized the gloves again after touching the mask, then remove the gloves by turning inside-out and discard, then sanitize my hands. Where does the paranoia end?
    thanks for the info it would only be used once per week. so I will let it sit for 48 hrs after taking it off in the garage then wipe it down. brian

A scientific study looked at the best way of decontaminating a N95 mask. The best solution of all, including the H2O2 approach, UV light, alcohol, washing, microwaving was heating in the over at 158F for 30 minutes. No damage to the mask and no change to the filtration aspects of the material. So "germ" free, and no degradation. https://www.livescience.com/sanitizi...ronavirus.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Anderson View Post
    A scientific study looked at the best way of decontaminating a N95 mask. The best solution of all, including the H2O2 approach, UV light, alcohol, washing, microwaving was heating in the over at 158F for 30 minutes. No damage to the mask and no change to the filtration aspects of the material. So "germ" free, and no degradation. https://www.livescience.com/sanitizi...ronavirus.html
    disinfecting_masks.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to record the source where I copied this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    I've used the North P100 cartridges for several years & they do have a very long live. The one's I use in the shop are probably a year old now. I've got a few pairs, so I'll alternate them to give the virus (if any) a chance to die off in between uses. The 7700 & 7500 half masks they go with are made to be easily washable.

It should be noted that organic vapor cartridges will not necessarily filter out particles. Check the product specs before using.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Utterback View Post
    I am surprised they had authority for confiscation. I fully understand their motivation.
    It's generally illegal to "price gouge". Sometimes, for the better (in this case) and sometimes for the worse (hurricanes, etc). Hoarding isn't adding value to a product, it's just decreasing supply (and you're just being an A hole). On the other hand, if it costs me a lot more to get a generator into Louisiana today than it did yesterday, I should be able to re-coup my costs, but that's not how the general public views it.