Thread: Medicare phone consults with doctor

Medicare phone consults with doctor

For those on Medicare, as of March 1 all doctor consults by phone will be paid as a regular doctors visit. This is for the safety of older folks so we can still stay home in OUR safe place. Just a public notice.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Thanks Scott. Can you provide a quick reference to this? I'd like to show several people who are having these.

The Veteran's Administration is doing a lot of telemedicine too. I had my CPAP 6 month consult via telemedicine yesterday and it was just fine. I think this will be the norm for the foreseeable future.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Thanks Scott. Can you provide a quick reference to this? I'd like to show several people who are having these.
    I found out when I got a letter from my supplemental insurance but a quick search found this, https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...-covid-19.html
    Medicare calls it Telehealth https://abcnews.go.com/Health/medica...ry?id=69895621
    Last edited by Scott Donley; 04-02-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Blog Entries
    It's about time. I'm pretty good at describing my symptoms and do so in as much detail as I can when phoning into the nurses line for an appointment. My Dr has always been good about giving me a wait and see if that's indicated or telling me to come in. Now he can bill for his time when he does the 'wait and see'.

I wish I could do my sleep doctor visits via telemedicine. My sleep doctor is a four plus hour round trip away. He never physically examines me. He told me last year he would probably be able to do telemedicine maybe in 2021.