Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rude, crude oil and toilet paper wars

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I'm still wondering why gas is still averaging $2.30 a gallon around here... After the '08 bust gas went well below a buck.
    Its where it is because billions will be made by the elite profiting like parasites from the masses in a time of turmoil while they all grovel for their single digit percentages on their retirement portfolios that are gutted down to 40% of their value a week or two ago. The entire system is a scam that allows the few to be floating around on quarter million dollar a week-charter rentals on 8 million dollar fully staffed sailing yachts while the bulk tries to find peace in a 5% 15 year average on their 401K.
    Last edited by Mark Bolton; 04-02-2020 at 2:47 PM.

Can we be friends..

You are proof other people feel like me.

At times it can be discouraging thinking it’s not the case based on the decisions the masses make and “us humans/Americans ”as a collective whole.

But that’s all I’m saying as I can tell people don’t like my opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    Its where it is because billions will be made by the elite profiting like parasites from the masses in a time of turmoil while they all grovel for their single digit percentages on their retirement portfolios that are gutted down to 40% of their value a week or two ago. The entire system is a scam that allows the few to be floating around on quarter of a million dollar week-charters of an 8 million dollar sailboat while the bulk tries to find peace in a 5% 15 year average on their 401K.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    Its where it is because billions will be made by the elite profiting like parasites from the masses in a time of turmoil while they all grovel for their single digit percentages on their retirement portfolios that are gutted down to 40% of their value a week or two ago. The entire system is a scam that allows the few to be floating around on quarter million dollar a week-charter rentals on 8 million dollar fully staffed sailing yachts while the bulk tries to find peace in a 5% 15 year average on their 401K.
    What types of risk have people been taking with their 401K if they are down to 40% of their value? I just checked my 401K and I am down 20% year to date. I am at least 90% invested in the stock market. Yes, 20% is bad, but I have 20 years before retirement.

Exclamation Actually it is a little bit different history

It is a little bit different history: Oil might be much cheaper as some places in the world have a very low cost for extraction.

Actually it is OPEC an anomaly in the free market - they are a cartel to push oil prices in artificial high levels. When it was dismantled or weaken by internal fight there is a chance to oil return to "fair" price.

Naturally lower prices for oil will put some places and locations with a cost above the market price turning a such operation unfeasible like in my country, Brazil - we are self suficiente for oil but our average extraction cost is considerably higher than OPEC could offer. If prices stays down or even decrease, probably they will decrease the upstream operation.
    Last edited by Osvaldo Cristo; 04-05-2020 at 3:06 PM. Reason: Typo as usual
    All the best.

Osvaldo.