Thread: Found this Arts & Crafts Dining room set plan on google Books

Found this Arts & Crafts Dining room set plan on google Books

Any of you guys n gals ever taken a gander at this let alone made this? I just so happened to stumble on this tonight while I am sitting around watching hometown reruns.

Go to page 97. That is where the issue starts that has the plans on it.

Tell me what you all think!

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Tc8...page&q&f=false

Personally, the legs seem a little thick, in proportion to the thinness of the table top, and to the legs of the chairs.

Otherwise, a nice clean design that doesn't look too difficult.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

You will be really good at mortises and tenons when you're done!

Saw this the other day and thought it would be a great option for mortises:

They look nice! I'm saving them for the chairs.

For a mortiser, check out https://philipmorleyfurniture.com/plans/mortiser/ I think I may make one when I do my chairs. I just did my first mortises with a router for a shaker table and wish A. I had a 5/16" bit instead of a 1/4" B. That I had a hollow chisel mortiser.

John TenEyck (on this forum) makes the absolute best mortising solution for around $400 delivered with clamp and a Whiteside 1/4" uncut spiral bit included. I have one, and it's the cat's meow - the equal to those $3K machines in performance. Do a search here, or maybe John will chime in with a link.

Thanks very much for the kind words, Don. I have posted about my horizontal router mortiser several times. Some have accused me of trying to sell my machine, but I have never actively promoted it. I have always offered free plans to the original version of my machine. Here is a link to the page on my website where you can see pictures of it, watch a short video of it in use, and download a SketchUp model of the unit for free. https://sites.google.com/site/jteney...outer-mortiser

Since Don brought it up, I do sell an updated and upgraded version of the machine. Here's a picture of that unit.

It's essentially the same size as the original unit but has higher quality components and one key upgrade, the X-table tilts up to over 45° which makes it possible to create mortises and integral tenons at nearly any angle, including compound angles, in the end of a workpiece. This is a very useful feature for chair makers in particular. I don't want to get in trouble advertising on this forum, so if anyone has an interest please send me a PM. I will say that there about 25 of these machines out there, some used by pros, some by hobby woodworkers. Everyone seems very pleased with how fast, easy, accurate, versatile, and safe the machine is to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan W Taylor View Post
    Any of you guys n gals ever taken a gander at this let alone made this? I just so happened to stumble on this tonight while I am sitting around watching hometown reruns.

Go to page 97. That is where the issue starts that has the plans on it.

Tell me what you all think!

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Tc8...page&q&f=false
    I love the look. I have a similar dining set, less the sideboard. What a classic design. QSWO is the bomb. My local Stickley dealer was going out of business and I stole it. I agree that the underpinnings of the table look a bit heavy. Not enough room for legs on the end either. Our table is like this. Lighter, less wood, and better utility.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.