Quote Originally Posted by David E. Hutchins View Post
This isn't entirely true at all. I work for an high end building/ remodeling company in Massachusetts, have for twenty years. I think this is more of an exaggerated generalization than it is reality. I've worked with more hard working white people than lazy white people. There are lazy workers from everywhere. This screams of white guilt to me. In my experience, lazy or complaining people just don't last on constriction sites, no matter of race. Not saying there are no lazy white workers, I'm just saying in my experience, it's pretty proportional. I work on the north shore and in high end residential construction here, it's still much more white workers. Roofing and landscaping are a different story but that's just my experience.

I live in Gloucester, almost the entire fishing industry here is white workers and those men work hard, thankless jobs. I don't know, I just don't see what you're seeing.
Are you hiring them or "working with them"? If your hiring them then I can understand your point. If your "working with them" you are in a deferred state of delusion where a tier below you is doing the hard work and putting a pretty smile on your interaction (as the issuing party of the check).

If your sentiment were overarchingly true, I wouldn't be hearing the same drum beat for years and hearing it louder and louder. We all choose what we want to hear, but again, I'm the first one to be willing to hire the down and out, newly released felon, right on down the line to the individual with a degree in design from RISD...