Thread: Lie Nielsen Event Cancellations

Lie Nielsen Event Cancellations

I was disappointed but understood that Lie Nielsen had to cancel most if not all of their events scheduled around the country. There were a number of tools I was looking forward to putting my hands on and ordering with free shipping.

I’m sure they have a good return policy. Just order them and return what doesn’t suit you. And surely during these times they’d be happy to get some sales.

They were going to be at the Texas WW'ing festival here in Austin but are in the same boat with all of us vendors, where either the event got pushed back or are under travel lockdown for the time being. I won't speak for them but what if you called and see if you can get free shipping? We're all motivated to make sales right now.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

My wife and I had planned a summer driving trip to Maine around the open house. Maybe next year.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    They were going to be at the Texas WW'ing festival here in Austin but are in the same boat with all of us vendors, where either the event got pushed back or are under travel lockdown for the time being. I won't speak for them but what if you called and see if you can get free shipping? We're all motivated to make sales right now.

Erik
    Ahead of you on this one Erik. I chatted with them online and they said there were no plans to offer free shipping as they normally do during the events.

Just want to be clear, shipping costs including return shipping likely is a lot less then you would spend if you went to the event.

You say there are “a number” of tools you’re interested in, so I’d hazard a guess that you’d spend $1000 or so. Shipping is a small cost compared to that.

I also thought Lie Nielsen might offer free shipping. I guess not.
    Highland woodworking does offer free shipping once in a while. They handle Lie Nielsen planes.

I had an email from Lee Valley indicating that they were offering free shipping during the pandemic.

I don’t know if this is the case in the US.....Rod

Let me float another thought out there: Lie Nielsen is a family-run outfit that is having the same struggles as all of us right now. What could shipping on an order of hand tools possibly cost? Even if I had to pay true shipping cost, isn't now is the time to be supporting small businesses if I was already planning to buy, anyhow? No judgement, only my 2-cents.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep