Thread: Fed Ex freight box for shipping heavy items

Fed Ex freight box for shipping heavy items

I know very little about it but fedex has a flat rate type shipping gaylord box on a pallet. Roughly a four foot cube. I think a tablesaw would fit. maybe a jointer with tables off. 1,200 pound limit. no idea if they ship to/from non loading dock locations.
    Bill D.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping...eight-box.html
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 03-30-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I know very little about it but fedex has a flat rate type shipping gaylord box on a pallet. Roughly a four foot cube. I think a tablesaw would fit. maybe a jointer with tables off. 1,200 pound limit. no idea if they ship to/from non loading dock locations.
    Bill D.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping...eight-box.html
    Drilling down on that link a bit, the prices seem fairly reasonable, $140 - $380 depending on zone and priority.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

For that price the box and the pallet are included. Seems like a pretty good deal if the stuff fits.
    Bil lD

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Drilling down on that link a bit, the prices seem fairly reasonable, $140 - $380 depending on zone and priority.

Even at today's prices, most likely you couldn't drive the round trip for that!

So this would be a perfect solution to a problem I have, but as is my luck, their boxes are too small... My problem, a guy has been creating a Xmas present for me since December, and he's a day or two from being done finally, if not already, need to call him today. It's about 140#, measures roughly 36" x 36" x 53" tall, and is VERY fragile. To have a box and pallet ready for it to go into to be shipped here would be great...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    So this would be a perfect solution to a problem I have, but as is my luck, their boxes are too small... My problem, a guy has been creating a Xmas present for me since December, and he's a day or two from being done finally, if not already, need to call him today. It's about 140#, measures roughly 36" x 36" x 53" tall, and is VERY fragile. To have a box and pallet ready for it to go into to be shipped here would be great...

Remember that if it's on a pallet, it goes on the bottom in the trailer.