Thread: Verizon ups service by 15GB per month for free, other missed marketing oportunities

Verizon ups service by 15GB per month for free, other missed marketing oportunities

Just got a text from Verizon. They are boosting my data from 2 to 17GB a month at no charge until the end of April. I assume this is a virus related promotion. Allows us to use video chat, stream. movies etc on the phone for free. Get us hooked while they have a captive audience.
    After the quarantine is over they hope we will be hooked and gladly pay them extra every month for the rest of our lives. Makes them out to be a caring responsible company and is a great marketing tool.
    Makes me wonder why Amazon does not offer free prime service for the duration, free net flicks, free apple tv, etc for the duration. Maybe offer a free one month upgrade to the premium package during the duration. Give a free one month extension to the existing premium customers.
    Advertisers dream is to market to a captive audience and not that they have one they are doing nothing special. Even my local paper has lifted the paid firewall for corona stories, of course that includes adds to go along with the story.
    Bill D

Amazon is offering 90 days of their music service and their audio books service to customers...there's usually a pop-up during the order process granting the offer. CBS has opened up the Picard series to viewers for free. Etc. Many content providers are doing this. But yes, there are marketing opportunities associated with trials since trials come to an end and until someone opts-out, they start getting billed at that point.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Currently we are getting some of the premium channels for free. Not sure how long it will last. There was a weekend free of HBO channels recently. Now it seems to be Showtime during weekdays.

Most of the time they are showing old movies we've already seen or aren't interested in seeing.

As retired folks we are rather used to not going to work every day.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Currently we are getting some of the premium channels for free. Not sure how long it will last. There was a weekend free of HBO channels recently. Now it seems to be Showtime during weekdays.
    Free previews of premium channels are common. I don't think this is anything special for COVID-19. Xfinity On-Demand is offering a bunch of content free while people are home due to COVID-19.