Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
The biggest psyche damage is some of the comments on this thread. I have never read such negativity and some in this thread seem ready to cash it all end. I believe that we will find solutions and survive. Rather than the glass half empty that some seem to have , I am a glass half full.
I'm with you Larry. No sense in being a fatalist. This is a bad trip for sure, but it will end, and life will go on. Sometimes the wake-up call makes us appreciate what we have.

As to kids, I agree with someone else in the thread that said they are more resilient than we think. The brains of children and adolescents are functionally and physiologically different than adults and in ways that protect them from macro type stresses. It has been studied that personal experiential trauma is very real for them, but societal crisis not so much. I think many adults will have some PTSD of some type, especially those that face financial hardships, suffer illness themselves, or lose loved ones, but human beings overcome in the end and the sun will rise.
Edwin