Thread: Ryobi BS-360NR Advice

Ryobi BS-360NR Advice

Hello all,

I am new to bandsaws and relatively new to woodworking in general. I was going to pick up a used jointer for myself and a tablesaw for my father and the seller and I couldn't agree on a cash price so he threw in this bandsaw which ended up costing me about $100. I have not been able to find many parts for this bandsaw, or even much information/literature on it. I have previously seen a few forum posts on the saw and have tracked down one stellite tipped blade manufacturer, but the blade costs more than I paid for the saw.

So my question is- Does anyone have any experience with these saws where they might be able to help share a little information to give me a head start? Any known aftermarket parts that fit/can be modified to fit this saw with success (cool blocks, fences, quick release tensioners)? Has anyone used smaller than a 3" blade and if so were there any must do modifications to make this work? Any copies of a manual out there that I could potentially borrow to scan and return?

The more I have been tinkering with the saw and more research I have been doing has been giving results, but assurance through others experience's an mistakes is always nice to have as well.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images