On a recent trip to Phoenix Arizona with my wife to visit some of her family one of her family members asked me if I would be interested in a shaper and a table saw. He once owned a furniture building business so I was pretty excited to see what he had. He had a Powermatic 72 industrial table saw and a Powermatic 26 shaper. I ended up buying them for a song and rented a Uhaul to drive them home.

Just got back and got them unloaded and moved into my shop. Now I just noticed that they are both 3 phase. I would like to use two static phase converters that I have already purchased. I am ok with a 1/3 less power. The PM72 is a 7.5 horse and the PM26 is a 5 horse so loosing a third will still make a huge upgrade over my current 1.75 horse table saw and my router table. I already have a static phase converter rated for 7.5hp to something like 12hp and another one rated for 5hp to 8hp or so. I feel perfectly capable of hooking these up because I wired my entire shop by myself although I will likely have an electrician to either review my work or help with the install. I have several electrician friends that would be fine helping. What I am now trying to figure out is will the stock switches work to power the machines on and off or will I need to purchase some new magnetic switches or starters? I believe they are wired for 220v but I will have to verify. Assuming they are both wired to 220v will the existing stock switches work?