I am wiring a remote switch for my 220V compressor- got an appropriate contactor and need to know the best way to get the
120V for the coil. Do I wire in a separate 120V circuit or can you tap into one of the 220 legs from the breaker. Obviously not
an electrician---but my best guess is I need a hot, neutral, and ground for the coil and with no neutral from the 220 circuit I will
need a separate 120V hook up. A standard 120V outlet is handy so is it reasonable/logical to wire a plug-in cord to the coil via remote switch,
or hard wire(a bit more work) to the contactor? I moved the compressor to an attached shed and won't be using the space for any
other purpose than the compressor. Also I want to use a switch that illuminates when the compressor circuit is on, not just when it
is running. Need suggestions here as well. Don't want either me or buddies using my hobby shop to forget to turn off the compressor
when leaving. The coil has "spade"?? connectors on either side, and again best guess is hot to the coil and neutral is leg to switch and
back to the other side of the coil. (Just thinkin'--how is the lighted lighted powered up then). Thanks for your help?? JCB