Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air filters for an air filtration system

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson View Post
    My JDS internal filter is not washable. I doubt any of the other brands internal filters can be washed. The JDS electrostatic pre filter is washable.
    I am unclear on which replacement filters can be washed and which ones not. I do know that the manual for my Jet AFS-1000B says "The inner filter can be blown outwith air, or washed out". I had assumed that generally applied to most of the bag filters. Personally I'll probably just keep blowing mine out with compressed air for the duration of it's life unless I hear from others that washing out is highly advised for some reason.

So far I have been vacuuming the outer filter off, but plan to use less expensive AC filters from the big box store once I decide the original one needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Daily View Post
    I’ve been vacuuming mine with my shop vac.
    I do the same but I have found the Jet outer filter to be built a bit stronger and holds up to the vacuum better than a generic borg filter. I went back to the Jet filter after going thru a couple cheap filters in short order.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I use normal good Filtrete HVAC filters outside of the stock Jet filter. I think the 1500 MPR. Might be less.

When a couple of days ago I kept the 1000B and 2000 Jet filters both on for 2 hours, here's the meter readings from my Dylos particle meter:

Awesome Dylos Meter Reading.jpg

Can you say, Clean Room????? Anyone need to build ICs in my workshop?

Considering that ambient air at my home is approximately 550 small particles, and 125 large particles, it's pretty impressive how much two of these Jet filters scrub the air.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 03-27-2020 at 9:13 PM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Staehling View Post
    I am unclear on which replacement filters can be washed and which ones not. I do know that the manual for my Jet AFS-1000B says "The inner filter can be blown outwith air, or washed out". I had assumed that generally applied to most of the bag filters. Personally I'll probably just keep blowing mine out with compressed air for the duration of it's life unless I hear from others that washing out is highly advised for some reason.

So far I have been vacuuming the outer filter off, but plan to use less expensive AC filters from the big box store once I decide the original one needs to be replaced.
    I washed mine out in a utility sink. It was amazing how much dust/dirt came out of it. I plan on washing mine again next time, when it's time to do maintenance on them.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    I do the same but I have found the Jet outer filter to be built a bit stronger and holds up to the vacuum better than a generic borg filter. I went back to the Jet filter after going thru a couple cheap filters in short order.
    I guess I should have specified I vacuum the inner pleated filter, not the outer one.

When I bought my unit I got 2 of Jet’s washable electrostatic outer filters. I just clean those outside with the garden hose and they have been doing very well for about 15 years.

i also use the Filtrete 12x24 outer filters with “odor-eating” ability when I need to remove odors. (Yes, once in awhile I burn some wood...)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    I washed mine out in a utility sink. It was amazing how much dust/dirt came out of it. I plan on washing mine again next time, when it's time to do maintenance on them.
    Just to be clear, you washed out the Jet inner pleated filter?