Thread: Old foot stool

Old foot stool

My wife and all her sisters want me to make their grandmothers footstool for them. When I finally saw what they wanted, I was quite surprised. Never seen one like it. Said she was from Germany. Maybe its German. Anyone got a name for it?

20200321_191318.jpg20200321_191303.jpg
    Last edited by Scott Petersen; 03-23-2020 at 9:48 PM. Reason: .

Blog Entries
    I have no idea what it is called. That's a pretty unique design, but it shouldn't be difficult to reproduce. You may need to personalize the distance from the bottom of the foot to the knee joint distance to each individual.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Years ago, decades ago! my mother had me make a her a stool like this.

A friend had one, that I tried to copy. This was back in Ireland, I think my mother's friend bought it at a craft show, so I don't know where the design originates from.

The way to use it is like the photo but modified, like a "T" turned 90° so that your legs are almost horizontal, and what is the top of the T is almost vertical. It's comfortable.

The photos show it being used differently than my Great grandmother from Austria used hers. She called it a leg rest and placed the one leg the the "T" top on the floor quite close to the chair. The end with the handle hole went on the floor further from the chair with her legs resting on the long part of the "T".

Blog Entries
    I predict that if you make one, you will make several.