Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon no longer shipping non-essential items until April 21st

Amazon no longer shipping non-essential items until April 21st

Amazon is no longer shipping any "non-essential" items until April 21st at earliest. I don't quite understand this as none of the essential items are in stock. They don't have any TP, hand sanitizer, or disinfecting wipes in stock and no backorders that I can see.

There is some question if they will refund all Prime subscriptions in part or completely because of this. What good is a Prime subscription if items takes four weeks to get? My father would like an HDMI to DVI adapter to make his work at home easier, but good luck finding one right now.

Where did you hear that. Here's the Snopes take.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Got a source for that? What I read is that Amazon is not (1) allowing any non-essential items to be shipped into its warehouses from its suppliers (to free up space so they can load up on the essential stuff) and (2) suspending shipping of non-essentials to France and Italy.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...ehouses-2020-3
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2180YZ
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 03-23-2020 at 1:39 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

You can get those adapters on ebay, cheaper, and quicker. Just shop for a US dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    You can get those adapters on ebay, cheaper, and quicker. Just shop for a US dealer.
    Or Staples, Best Buy...
    Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if my local Home Depot has them in stock: they have almost a whole aisle of home electronics widgets.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    My father would like an HDMI to DVI adapter to make his work at home easier, but good luck finding one right now.
    I would bet the shortage of adapters is caused by the mass movement of workers from the office to the home over the last 4 weeks. BTW, Walmart has them in their online store.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

See https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/3/22...virus-covid-19 for a story on this. Also, take a look at just about any Prime item at Amazon and you'll see they are all set for delivery on April 21st.

I went through some items on my wish list. Seems that books are April 21 but other things are about a week out instead of two days.

I ordered two items on Saturday. One is coming today and the other on Friday. Both are 5" sanding disks. Don't know why one is faster than the other.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    I would bet the shortage of adapters is caused by the mass movement of workers from the office to the home over the last 4 weeks. BTW, Walmart has them in their online store.
    I should have said good luck finding them in a hurry without high shipping charges. Best Buy either doesn't carry them in store or is out of stock. Amazon is not an option right now. I realize we are spoiled by fast shipping from Amazon, but you can't find this item at local stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Amazon is no longer shipping any "non-essential" items until April 21st at earliest. I don't quite understand this as none of the essential items are in stock. They don't have any TP, hand sanitizer, or disinfecting wipes in stock and no backorders that I can see.

There is some question if they will refund all Prime subscriptions in part or completely because of this. What good is a Prime subscription if items takes four weeks to get? My father would like an HDMI to DVI adapter to make his work at home easier, but good luck finding one right now.
    Did you try Walmart?
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

I have been receiving items from Amazon for the past week and have items coming Thursday and Friday.

I have 11 items in transit, including a couple that I ordered this morning. emails say that everything has been shipped.

edited to add: I just checked, and delivery dates are a little slower than usual. One item does say April 21, but it's just a spare mower spindle anyway-just installed the last spare yesterday.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 03-23-2020 at 3:41 PM.

I ordered stuff Saturday, got one today, another has shipped and due Weds, and another Thurs or Fri. It does show I get things on my Amazon Day, not my two day Prime.

Just checked. Don't know if coffee is essential (yeah, I know), but I can get some Thursday, also a LED light.

I just logged in. The interface is different (shows only entertainment) but if you search for something, it behaves like normal and lead times look reasonable.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep