Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon no longer shipping non-essential items until April 21st

While some of the prices I've seen lately on Amazon are stupidly high, I also have to note that they are for items I never considered buying on Amazon before. For all I know, that is their "normal" price.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I think it is just Italy and France. Might be so drivers are not exposed in those countries. Just maybe.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

Food is often ridiculously expensive on Amazon. Household supplies often not much better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    A lot of folks would calm down a lot faster if people would stop posting inflammatory rumors as fact. Anyone who wants to claim that 90% of our toilet paper comes from China or that martial law is imminent, please put a link in to your source for this "data" .
    This is important. Maybe mods need to get involved if people can't behave themselves.

They thankfully shipped this...quickly, too.

IMG_E7039.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

A lot of folks would calm down a lot faster if people would stop posting inflammatory rumors as fact. Anyone who wants to claim that 90% of our toilet paper comes from China or that martial law is imminent, please put a link in to your source for this "data" .
    This, I do not know how many times.

I ordered a quart of Tru Oil from them yesterday, then saw it was not going to be delivered till April 21-28 so I cancelled the order and got it off eBay instead. It was a few dollars more but I want to make sure I have some for when my current bottle runs out in a couple of months or so.

Yeah it’s crazy. We’ve received things like golf tees, fridge filters and batteries but other common items lust April 21 delivery. Hard to figure what they use to determine a necessary item.

I checked the tracking progress bar on that mower spindle, that I mentioned earlier in this thread that is listed as April 21, and it has been shipped, so I doubt it will take that long. I expect they're just being conservative with the arrival estimates. Checking other items, shipping is significantly slower than it has been, but does look like there is noticeable progress.

The delay shipping many items is that they are focusing their stocking/restocking/shipping on essential items. If they happen to have something in, you may getting in normal time frames, but that's not assured as they concentrate on "what" they are delivering.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I included the source for my claim that Amazon was showing delivery dates of April 21st for many non-essential items. Others here also checked items on Amazon and saw the same thing.

Delivery dates on items from Amazon are all over the map. Headphones show Sunday delivery yet DVI to HDMI cables show April 23rd dates now.

Lots of things are coming in 2-4 days despite ship dates many weeks out listed on the site. I think those Apr 21 dates are a better safe than sorry move on Amazon's part, Actual deliver so far has been much faster on those items. It's definitely taking longer than usual, but not enough to cause a problem with just a little advance planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Delivery dates on items from Amazon are all over the map.
    They change too. I ordered something the other day an later got this update:
    Your previous estimated delivery date: Tuesday, April 14, 2020
    Your new estimated delivery date is: Wednesday, April 8, 2020
    I'll see what actual the non-estimated delivery date is.

One of my April 21 items just came. I can tell what it is by the size of the package. Our UPS guy knows to just leave stuff on the screened porch. We don't touch, or open anything for a couple of days.

Edited to add: I checked the "orders" page, and it is indeed what I thought it was. Also, that mower spindle that I've mentioned a couple of times as being the first April 21 item is now scheduled to arrive on Friday.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 03-25-2020 at 4:26 PM.

I ordered via Amazon last Wednesday, a hat for a grandson. It arrived yesterday.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....