Thread: Quarantine project

Quarantine project

I am making a handtool cabinet with my quarantine time. From the wood magazine plan. Now to just fill it with handtools haha

IMG_1394.JPG
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"

Same here, except I'm making Swarz's Anarcist Tool Chest. It will be final rest place for my precious edge tools, just in case. I don't want them jangling around in a cardboard box in a damp garage after my passing.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

I am making a set of porch glider chairs and a love seat for my quarantine time

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Glenn View Post
    Same here, except I'm making Swarz's Anarcist Tool Chest. It will be final rest place for my precious edge tools, just in case. I don't want them jangling around in a cardboard box in a damp garage after my passing.
    After my passing I'm looking forward to watching from the Wing's (see what I did there?) my kid's bickering over the tools they have no use for. On second thought, Wing's for me are doubtful.

Zachary,

Nice looking cabinet-will look forward to seeing more. I'm finally getting back to a jewelry box that I started three years ago-pics still in my phone.

Safe quarantine, all.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

I have been working on a chamfering hand plane. My iron is a $13 Stanley chisel. Been having some issues with the handle attachment, but I think I have that solved.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak Kelly View Post
    I have been working on a chamfering hand plane. My iron is a $13 Stanley chisel. Been having some issues with the handle attachment, but I think I have that solved.
    Would love to see that. Looking for a new quarantine project.

Cheers to isolation?

I'm working on a garden bench from a black oak log I salvaged a few years ago--making my own drawings and dimensioning the wood from rough cuts. Like the virus, the outcome is uncertain; this one and one more will make two.