Thread: three phase wiring question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

three phase wiring question

Table saw got moved but nothing changed.

On re hook up with the power off at the mains I noticed this. Used as a continuity tester my meter is beeping between line 1 and 2. Makes no sense to me so figured a short in the wiring. Traced back to the saw and took the lines 1 and 2 off so now only the saw in the equation and the meter on the line 1 and 2 saw internal wiring and it beeps. I checked some other machines and found the same on one other SCM machine only in that case it was line 2 and line 3 that beeped (again with the power off)

I think this will happen on a transformer but there is no transformer now as i test the lines into the saw. I tried one other SCM machine and there is no beeping on any combo of lines.

I was hesitant to run the table saw but it was checked by an electrician in the first place. He found the master shut off had been bypassed on one phase of the switch, and the push on start was also not working. I took that apart many times and got it to work. Nothing was changed so I ran it and fine for the short time I did but why does this happen.

P2340598A.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 03-22-2020 at 1:38 PM.