Thread: Lee Valley reducing hours, closing "browsing"

Lee Valley reducing hours, closing "browsing"

Got the email blast today; the stores are reducing hours, doing express pick-up hand off in the parking lot, and open for customer service only after stringent cleaning procedures.
    Even with free shipping from the warehouse, I will still miss going into the store.
    BUT ......
    I know all the front line people by first name; we talk about their families, and mine; they've been generous and helpful for many years.
    If this is what it takes to keep them safe, I can adjust.
    Rob, while the store is empty, why not give Dawn the budget to redo the flooring.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Rosenthal View Post
    Got the email blast today; the stores are reducing hours, doing express pick-up hand off in the parking lot, and open for customer service only after stringent cleaning procedures.
    Even with free shipping from the warehouse, I will still miss going into the store.
    BUT ......
    I know all the front line people by first name; we talk about their families, and mine; they've been generous and helpful for many years.
    If this is what it takes to keep them safe, I can adjust.
    Rob, while the store is empty, why not give Dawn the budget to redo the flooring.
    Hi Aaron -

Thanks for your understanding. Managing the past two weeks has been one tough call after another. First focus has always been the health and safety of staff, and customers. Now - we focus on the health of the business too.

As I said to our COO - it's a zombie apocalypse, without the zombies.....

The pandemic is going to hit a lot of retail businesses hard. Expect massive changes to the retail landscape as we come out of this. Retail has been under growing stress for a few years now, and this will push many over the edge.

So - we'll make a note of the carpets ... but hold off on the replacement just yet......

Cheers -

Rob

What, you live near a store so you can visit? That would be fun to do, but I am sure my pocket book would complain afterwards! It is one of the reasons that I go to the local woodworking show, because they are there. Of course, they area also usually packed at the show so patience is key here.

Blog Entries
    My MO when shopping Lee Valley is to go online & put what I want in the cart. Then at the store, I print off the order & take it to the counter. Quick & easy. The new system won't be that much of a change for me. I do have a couple of returns though & I'll have to find out how that will be handled.