Thread: Do you have virus protection on your computer?

Blog Entries

Do you have virus protection on your computer?

Mine has expired and the cost of replacing it is excessive.
    Just curious if any of you don't have it and if so, have had any issues?

Lowell,
    I have it on mine and wouldnt be without. It has saved me more than once. I think it costs around $90 per year. There are "free" anti-virus programs, but I don't have any recommendation for which might be safe to use. Maybe someone else will.

Good luck!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Lowell,
    I have it on mine and wouldnt be without. It has saved me more than once. I think it costs around $90 per year. There are "free" anti-virus programs, but I don't have any recommendation for which might be safe to use. Maybe someone else will.

Good luck!
    Fred
    Avast Free.

My son-in-law, who runs and writes the software for several credit card merchant payment collections companies, steered me to Avast years ago. He uses Avast on all his personal computers. It's excellent, Windows or Mac.

I've been using AVG Free for more than 15 years with no problems. I'm not a casual pc user. Mine is on 24/7 and I run all my business applications on my primary pc. I have 3 pc's and a Mac and AVG has been great.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

+1 AVG free.

Windows 10 has built-in virus protection.

And, I use Ghostery along with it....Windows scan while I sleep. Before I turn in..I also run a scan by Iobit...and do a defrag. usually about every 3rd day.

I've used Kaspersky for at least 5 years now, probably longer. I have no complaints and as far as I can tell have had no viruses on my PC. My annual subscription expires in Dec. Around that time I start looking for specials on Kaspersky at places like Newegg and Fry's Electronics. Some years it's been free after rebate. I don't believe I've ever paid more than $25 after rebate/no rebate. These days it generally comes with licenses for 3-5 PCs as well.

I will remind you that you posted the following thread a few days ago...

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....rus-protection

Jim
    Forum Moderator