Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok folks, we've been training for this for many years.

Ok folks, we've been training for this for many years.

The current trend now is to practice "Social distancing". Being woodworkers, we are way ahead of the curve on this. We just call it "Shop time". It's satisfying that our years of working alone in our shops is finally being recognized!

Stand tall woodworkers! As a duty to our country(s) , spend a lot of time in your shop this weekend and beyond. After all, it's not just to get projects completed, it's for the greater good of society. When this is all over and years from now our grandchildren will ask, "what did you do during the great outbreak of 2020?" We will humbly say, "Well, I did my part".

Can I get a big "Amen" for Brother Bukovec?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Amen.

My problem is the weather has been good meaning it is time to start work on prepping for this years garden.

We are supposed to get some rain next week. That will ge me in the shop.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Amen! and Amen!

True. Unfortunately, most of my projects start with a trip to the hardwood dealer, which is closed down. So for the next several months I'm going to have to be working from whatever bits and pieces I have on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    True. Unfortunately, most of my projects start with a trip to the hardwood dealer, which is closed down. So for the next several months I'm going to have to be working from whatever bits and pieces I have on hand.
    Drats. When everyone was at the grocery stores hoarding TP, we should have been hoarding at the lumberyard.

All you wood hoarders out there, you know who you are, you were right all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Truth is that most of us have more material on hand than we can handle. I know that I have enough to keep me busy for the next 20 years if I spent 20 hours a week minimum. This time is a good chance to take a good look at our stash and make some decisions how to reduce it passing some on to newbies or other places.

In Michigan, Lowes and probably others are essential services, just in case a toilet needs service. So even with my hardwood supplier closed, quite a lot of stuff is still available.

Great outlook to the pandemic Jim.

I'm working from home, no commuting so much more shop time.

Gasoline is down to about 68 cents from $1.20 a few weeks ago, however I'm not using any now

It's too bad that some people aren't being as responsible as you are Jim.............Rod.

I worked from home for over 20 years and that 25' commut was "da best". The barista always got my morning beverage correct, too. Oh, wait...that was me. LOL But seriously, I got more done in less time working virtually which left more time for me to do things like cook for my family, handle the laundry and get shop time, etc.

Rod, our gas was $1.89 at Costco this morning which is "noteworthy" for Pennsyltucky!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post

Gasoline is down to about 68 cents from $1.20 a few weeks ago, however I'm not using any now
    Rod,

I hope that's 68 cents/liter! Best I've seen around here is 1.45 USD/gallon.

Blog Entries
    I was pleased to learn that my lifestyle had a formal name; self quarantine.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I was pleased to learn that my lifestyle had a formal name; self quarantine.
    Laughing out loud!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ragatz View Post
    Rod,

I hope that's 68 cents/liter! Best I've seen around here is 1.45 USD/gallon.
    Yes of course, forgot I was on an American forum.

Looks fuel is around half price for you as well....Rod