Thread: Microjig_TS tapering jig?

Microjig_TS tapering jig?

I was about to build another taper jig and stumbled onto this manufactured jig. Seems silly to spend this kind of money on a jig I can build for a couple bucks and about 20 minutes, but it does look pretty slick and I like the dual position memory.

Anyone have one? Worth the money? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BP7284I...4DPOS5L7&psc=1

I've never used the MicroJig, but have used other store bougt taper jigs. Personally, I've found that a quick purpose built jig to be more than a perfect solution. For the price of a couple of toggle clamps, I can create an infinite number of set-ups. Of course, I'm assuming an infinite supply of scrap sheet goods.

I have one, and it does what they say it does. I'd built 3 or so for next to nothing--each did some part of what the Microjig does, none really repeatable if i moved it between cuts. Also works easy with the Grrrrrripppppppperrrrrrrr. (another nice tool, but i don't know how to spell the name). Pretty intuitive set-up that i don't have to relearn if i don't use it over the winter. Don't recall the numbers, but i bought mine as either used or a Warehouse deal. Package had been opened, but no sign of use or prior setup. Quick and easy to grab without having to do any measuring. I'd buy another--preferably not a retail, but would if that was the choice.
    earl

Have you seen the "L Fence" I built one and all my taper apparatus have been replaced. There are a few YouTube video's on it.

A buddy of mine has one and it is pretty slick. It's not worth the Cdn $200 price tag to me, though. I guess your decision will depend on how often you need a tapering jig. My home made one gathers a lot of dust between uses.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I do not cut tapers so often that I feel I "need" a special purpose jig. I usually just make one when I need it and they end up in the trash, eventually. This yellow thing just looked pretty cool. Plus it's small and could fit in a drawer somewhere. But it is kinda spendy. I was actually looking at getting some of the Gripper push blocks from the same company, and saw the taper jig on their web site.

I have not seen the "L Fence" before. I watched a couple videos. Looks like a PITA to me.