Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Afraid to get a haircut?

Afraid to get a haircut?

Me too.

If the gloomier predictions come to pass, I'll look like my college picture again.

Except it's all white, now.

Funny, I’ve been thinking about the problem too. I might end up with a DIY 1950’s butch haircut, like my mom used to give me!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Barber Shops are now closed in Ohio
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by bill epstein View Post
    Me too.

If the gloomier predictions come to pass, I'll look like my college picture again.

Except it's all white, now.
    I long since learned how to give myself brush cuts. If that makes me look scarier walking down the street, well okay. Klaus Kinski on shore leave, laughing at the cracks in the sidewalk. I do fall over occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Barber Shops are now closed in Ohio
    I was planning getting my hair cut Thursday but they closed the shops Wednesday. My son got his cut as it was being announced he heard it when he was sitting in the chair.

I've been cutting my own hair for at least a decade. I keep it buzzed off pretty short and it's easy to do with two mirrors, one on the wall and one in my hand so I can see the back of my neck.
    Zach

I also cut my own now for many years. But it doesn't matter since barber shops and hair salons are now closed throughout PA along with all other non-essential businesses.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I also cut my own now for many years. But it doesn't matter since barber shops and hair salons are now closed throughout PA along with all other non-essential businesses.
    Does that explain the ever present ball cap?

I guess longer styles will be coming back, at least for a while.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

In New York State. You are s.o.l. As all barbershops, salons, have been ordered closed
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Funny: My wife and I were just talking about this. I'm due for a haircut and actually think our salon is open but I'm not going anywhere near that place for a while. I prefer neatly trimmed but she always tells me she likes it longer, so I guess she's going to win this one.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Blog Entries
    Fortunately, I had a haircut last week. I would not go today.

A hair cut is not just a need for "social appearances" but for me, if the hair over my cochlear implant gets too long, the antenna/coil which is held on to the under the scalp implant by 2 rare earth magnets ( one on the antenna and one on the implant) won't stay on. Thus I constantly have to fight a battle to regain my hearing after the antenna pops off. Thus my hair may get longer but I will use a trimmer to shorten the hair over my implant. With my wife out of the town for the foreseeable future, that task may result in an UGLY coiffure on my head!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Thus my hair may get longer but I will use a trimmer to shorten the hair over my implant. With my wife out of the town for the foreseeable future, that task may result in an UGLY coiffure on my head!
    Ken: Go big or go home

7c11d25d724aed3ff1b91ca9766badf3.jpg
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Some of us don't have a choice. Here in WA all Barbers and Salons have been closed by order of the governor.