Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afraid to get a haircut?

Ken, you would be adorable in a mohawk...especially one with a bit of color. Wouldn't the "boss" be so surprised when she returns!! ROFLOL

Paul, I do tend to wear a "ball cap" frequently, but it's more about sun and rain. While I cut my hair pretty short at this point (1.5mm on the clipper) it used to be about 10-12 inches down my back in a ponytail...or when not in a ponytail, it looked something like this:

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Need one, but with five kids depending on me it would be a foolish and unnecessary thing to do. If it gets bad enough, I will have my wife have a go. Worst case scenario it will grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Ken: Go big or go home

Attachment 428441
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Ken, you would be adorable in a mohawk...especially one with a bit of color. Wouldn't the "boss" be so surprised when she returns!! ROFLOL

Paul, I do tend to wear a "ball cap" frequently, but it's more about sun and rain. While I cut my hair pretty short at this point (1.5mm on the clipper) it used to be about 10-12 inches down my back in a ponytail...or when not in a ponytail, it looked something like this:

With the 4" part I am developing centered on my head, either one of these cuts aren't an option.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Stopped going to barbers 40 years ago. Wife cut it for 20 years then she up and stopped doing it. Went to a "RoboCut". Possibly looks like crap sometimes but I don't care. Got nothing on top anyway.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

I have been using the RoboCut for over twenty years. I'm under $0.50 per haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    Stopped going to barbers 40 years ago. Wife cut it for 20 years then she up and stopped doing it. Went to a "RoboCut". Possibly looks like crap sometimes but I don't care. Got nothing on top anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    A hair cut is not just a need for "social appearances" but for me, if the hair over my cochlear implant gets too long, the antenna/coil which is held on to the under the scalp implant by 2 rare earth magnets ( one on the antenna and one on the implant) won't stay on. Thus I constantly have to fight a battle to regain my hearing after the antenna pops off. Thus my hair may get longer but I will use a trimmer to shorten the hair over my implant. With my wife out of the town for the foreseeable future, that task may result in an UGLY coiffure on my head!
    Don't worry, nobody going to see you while you sit at home. Just don't update your picture here on SMC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Does that explain the ever present ball cap?

I guess longer styles will be coming back, at least for a while.

I think it's the baseball caps that cause balding.
    Almost every guy I know who's bald or balding wears a baseball cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    I think it's the baseball caps that cause balding.
    Almost every guy I know who's bald or balding wears a baseball cap.
    As you can see from the scary photo I posted above...my hair was still farther back on my head even when longer in the back. I think that hats are something of a habit we can get into...a "comfort" item, if you will. It's also an identifier in some respects...mine almost has a particular college logo on it. This is all over top of helping to keep sun and precipitation at bay, of course.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...