Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disappointing SuperNova2 purchase!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mathews View Post
    The manufacturer (USA site) said basically sorry but we ain't doing anything about it. Contact the dealer. The dealer said no problem, send it back. Unfortunately the dealer is in the UK and the cost for shipping it back is probably not worth the trouble. I purchased it from there because it was the only place I could find that carried a direct threaded chuck. I won't pass the problem along to someone else so it may find another use, perhaps a rotary holding device for welding. Weld splatter will only improve its appearance. LOL

That's a disappointment for sure! I would think if nothing else it's a warranty issue. Bad products get replaced. Sorry for your experience!
    RD

2. Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dooling View Post
    That's a disappointment for sure! I would think if nothing else it's a warranty issue. Bad products get replaced. Sorry for your experience!
    It sucks, but I can kind of understand why the US distributer doesn't want to help when you ordered from the UK to the US cutting them out. I think I'd ask the UK dealer if they can give you a break and pay for the shipping. They might say no, but it can't hurt to ask. If they say no, maybe contact the actual manufacturer rather than the US distributer if that is possible.

I know that I have paid return shipping for customers and lost money on deals even when it wasn't my fault just to maintain goodwill with customers and have had businesses go out of their way to do the same for me. I always ask and often find that vendors will go out of their way to make things right if I ask.

If the US site fails to help the first time another run at them via their technical support guys may sometimes yield a better result if the first try was through the warranty channel.
    Last edited by Pete Staehling; 03-25-2020 at 9:25 AM.