Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Forrest sharpening service

How is Ridge Carbide? I have several in a box ready to go to RC, only because I bought a blade from them recently and figured I'd try their sharpening service. The 48T blade I bought from this is as good, maybe better than my 48T Forest blade.

I have had a WWII sharpened by Forrest and lots of other full-kerf, carbide 10" blades sharpened many times by Ballew Saw and Tool. I cannot tell the difference between the Forrest and BST sharpenings (all perfectly fine) but can say that the BST service was cheaper.
    David

I have used Forrest as well. My next time will be with them as well. Great product and I am glad to support their company. They have provided me with quality blades and I appreciate how it makes my projects look.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Drew View Post
    How is Ridge Carbide? I have several in a box ready to go to RC, only because I bought a blade from them recently and figured I'd try their sharpening service. The 48T blade I bought from this is as good, maybe better than my 48T Forest blade.
    No experience with their sharpening service but they're been first-rate in everything else when I've dealt with them.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    https://www.forrestblades.com/forres...de-sharpening/

http://dynamicsaw.com/sawblades.html

Is your google broken? Dynamic is less than half the cost. 10” 40t at Dynamic is $9.50, same at Forrest is $25.
    Seriously people, all that info is on the web or a phone call away. Thanks for posting it though John.

I had used my a local service that is 5 minutes from me and my WWII came back good but never as good as it was when new, but i'd say 90%. Also price was very good, I think about $18. This time I tried using Forrest service and the blade came back like new, however with shipping cost more than twice over the local service, I think so for the amount of time I need to sharpen my blade. BTW - it took almost 2 weeks to get the blade back, and shipping is fast since they are about 60 miles from me. I have two WWII blades, so the downtime is not an issue.

I have used Ridge Carbide for over twenty years & think that they do an outstanding job.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Drew View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    No experience with their sharpening service but they're been first-rate in everything else when I've dealt with them.

Erik
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drackman View Post
    I have used Ridge Carbide for over twenty years & think that they do an outstanding job.
    Thanks for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drackman View Post
    If memory serves me correct (and it may not) owner of Ridge used to work for Forrest.

Ridge is simply excellent.